Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
update on SEN

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08...-to-open-the-door-for-ablett-edwards-returns/

Third AFL transition hub to open the door for Ablett, Edwards returns

SEN
12 August 2020

The AFL will establish a third “transition hub” on the eve of finals.

The clubs were told yesterday that the league would provide a final olive branch for players to join the game in Queensland.

The hub will be set-up from September 1 – primarily for players at clubs in finals contention.

The home-and-away season is scheduled to finish on September 20.

Any players making the trip would then be expected to quarantine for 14 days, but would be permitted to train in isolation without coming in contact with teammates.

Richmond’s Shane Edwards remains in Melbourne where is awaiting the birth of his child.

Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Edwards wife apprantly gave birth earlier in the week.
Not sure why it isn't public knowledge yet..

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Wonder if he knew what the future entailed (both personally and professionally), he would make the same call.

Not a criticism at all, more a musing/observation.
Like many of us he probably thought they will be up there a month, I,will cool mys heels down here and rejoin the team back in Melb, plenty of time to slot back in ahead of the finals.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
what the hell is Shed doing? Missing a game for a birth, as long as its not a final, fair enough. But missing a season? Call me old fashioned, but I don't get it. Get to work, earn some coin for the kid.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Get to work, earn some coin for the kid.

Edwards and Houli were being paid (at 50% of contract like the other players) according to an article last month.

Hope all went well with the birth. He's given us two flags so I'm not going to hold it against him if he doesn't get there. If he's not absolutely busting to go and play finals, we might be better off not trying to squeeze him into the last game. That might change if we get more injuries.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Edwards and Houli were being paid (at 50% of contract like the other players) according to an article last month.

Hope all went well with the birth. He's given us two flags so I'm not going to hold it against him if he doesn't get there. If he's not absolutely busting to go and play finals, we might be better off not trying to squeeze him into the last game. That might change if we get more injuries.

Could also lengthen his career. Certainly if we are not contenders right at the end it might be better that he sits out the rest of 2020 - bloody unpredictable where any team will finish this year though.

Would love to have Shedda back but it is the weirdest of all seasons, and he has been a big contributor to 2 flags, so he gets a leave pass from me if he can't make it up to the hub.

DS

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
So boy or girl?
Richo reckons this will extend his career. (the break not fatherhood)
Can't imagine Dreamtime at the D (arwin) without him!

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He will be coming up with in 4 days,is this correct

Rumours are going around that he has told the club he is out for this season.
His partner apparently had the baby early last week.
Its very peculiar the club hasn't mentioned him in any email updates.