Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Another below average game gives us nothing would’ve preferred Dow
5 games to go to reach his 300 game milestone Whoopee do meanwhile were a player down every game
At least two or three of the next 4 games should see Shedda as the sub - maybe all four. That will free up game time for someone like Dow, Stack, Cumberland, Sonsie, C-D …… whoever ….. but at least someone who might be around for the next few years.

Shedder deserves to get to 300 and has to be in the 22 in Game 300 - but after that he can’t be guaranteed a place and it might be one of those other blokes who snags his spot.

Reactions: 1 user

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Simply invisible again....at least cadtagna can chase and tackle....should be sub at best next few games....
Play stack as the other foward...or anyone who can at least apply pressure..shedda doesnt tackle or chase or kick goals anymore...sad but true

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
At least there are no hard decisions that need to be made with Titch and Lambos retirements at the end of the year.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Another below average game gives us nothing would’ve preferred Dow
5 games to go to reach his 300 game milestone Whoopee do meanwhile were a player down every game
Dow has been terrible in the VFL for the last 2 weeks didn't even deserve his emergency selection. Not saying he can't play but needs to lift big time, hopefully today vs the Pussies is the day. (VFL game broadcast on Chl7 today @ 12pm).

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I'm so frustrated that he didn't go to Dog in the last 2 mins.
He stood in no man's land like a 1st gamer.
He was part of the reason we lost last night.
Everyone lifted when Prestia went off, but Edwards was I'm the corner alongside Duncan and Smith.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Balme said he's tired. Interesting.

Started well against Geelong. Worked inside a bit. Did some good things. Shedda's worst defensive work is suburban. Ok.

Balme says he's tired.

75% TOG. 1G, 5K, 8HB, 2M, 1TK. Further - 1 Turnover, 3 SI, 6 Groundball gets. 15 PA.

Zero Zip Nada touches in the second quarter. 1 in the last.

Edwards was reasonably good. He had 75% TOG. But played only 50% of a game. He never had a tank. What does he do in the other 25% TOG? He gets in the way or doesn't get there.

To the eye he was better, numbers good. Trending up. Looks much better to me. Let's see.

Reactions: 5 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Need to be brutal......look at what Ross is doing with an opportunity. Sheds is costing us development. Needs to be dropped.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Simply invisible again....at least cadtagna can chase and tackle....should be sub at best next few games....
Play stack as the other foward...or anyone who can at least apply pressure..shedda doesnt tackle or chase or kick goals anymore...sad but true
kicked a goal last week

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I'm still backing Shedda to come good, I may be the only one but I refuse to believe that someone of Shedda's ilk drops off so quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I'm still backing Shedda to come good, I may be the only one but I refuse to belief that someone of Shedda's ilk drops off so quickly.
Bloody optimistic caesar. Shedda's hit old fart territory, body simply won't let him do what the grey matter tells him to.

I get that problem all the time now. Mid 20's brain says yep let it rip, pensioner body simply says get *smile* idiot n curls up in the corner.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Hence sub.
Happy to nurse him to 300 - then it’s open slather for selection - on for young and old - survival of the fittest etc etc
Meanwhile whilst Edwards is gifted games plods along need others to cover for him just so that he reaches his individual milestone

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Meanwhile whilst Edwards is gifted games plods along need others to cover for him just so that he reaches his individual milestone
Appreciate the point about gifting games

If Shedda was completely done and his form irrecoverable - then sure it’s not fair on the club and other players.

I‘m putting him a special category in that as recently as last year he was still a class act and looked to have at least a couple of years left.

Even at times this year he’s shown that he’s still got it - albeit not enough of it.

But he’s still close enough to best 22 and close enough to the 300 that I’d like him to stay in the side till he gets that individual milestone (and hopefully finds some of his old form in the meantime)

Reactions: 3 users