Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Floated in for a couple of seagull goals but there wasn't much else. Got a dozen possessions 5 - 1- 1- 5 bugger all tackles n virtually nil pressure points. Looked flash for a couple of seconds when he got his goals, but Shedda scissor hands is in hibernation.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Appreciate the point about gifting games

If Shedda was completely done and his form irrecoverable - then sure it’s not fair on the club and other players.

I‘m putting him a special category in that as recently as last year he was still a class act and looked to have at least a couple of years left.

Even at times this year he’s shown that he’s still got it - albeit not enough of it.

But he’s still close enough to best 22 and close enough to the 300 that I’d like him to stay in the side till he gets that individual milestone (and hopefully finds some of his old form in the meantime)
16 rounds is a long time to be searching for form. I'd love him to snap back to his productive creative heights but the evidence is becoming overwhelming.. there is a point of no return where we can't drop him when finals become assured.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
We lost the game but all is not lost
lets keep playing Edwards who can only run for 1 qtr so he can reach his 300 milestone
I renewed my membership to watch Edwards walk around and get his milestone
Who cares about winning :cupgold as long as Edwards gets to 300 games

• Haha

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Cant remember a more invisible 15 or so games by a tiger..omce again did absolutley nothing apary from a nice pass to pickett ....its gone from sad to infuriating

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
We simply cannot have a player on the list who takes at least 10 weeks to hit some kind of form, let alone a shadow of his former self. Thanks for your outstanding service Shane.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
There were times tonight when we saw the Shane of yesteryear and then we had the rest of the game.......

Reckon that was mainly in the first 15 minutes of the game when he jagged our first two goals.

Didn't notice him much after that, except for when he refused to put his head over the footy in a crucial content in the last 5 mins.

Not sure how I feel about playing him to 300 games, one one hand it'd be nice to reward a loyal servant of the club who has been a champion in the past - plus I'm not convinced that there's many others pushing for selection in his place. On the other hand we could have been getting games into someone like Stacky who I'd much rather play in the ones than let languish in the two's. But of course now Stack's injured and definitely can't play.

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Was hopeless once again.
.embarrasing refusal to tackle once....that stop and prop stuff rather than go hard does my head in

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Pendlebury will play his 350 next week but he earns his place
Edwards is just a liability

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Out of respect, get him to 300 & then retire. If he wants to play on elsewhere in 2023, good luck to him.

He’s done as many of us have witnessed over this season. Lost his speed and goes to ground too often. Really sad to see as has been a star.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Out of respect, get him to 300 & then retire. If he wants to play on elsewhere in 2023, good luck to him.

He’s done as many of us have witnessed over this season. Lost his speed and goes to ground too often. Really sad to see as has been a star.
Disagree
so we write off a season in a team sport to give an individual his milestone

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Why is he still in the sids ?.
Has a player ever played 16 more rubbish nothing games im a row..
?????.....love the guy but its become ridiculous

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Thanks Shane you’ve been great but you‘re done buddy.

Been obvious for a long time now and we have to call the curtain.

Reactions: 1 users