Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
If they were thinking of playing Stack back you'd think he would have played there in the VFL on Sunday, waiter.

I'd say this close to finals we're looking to settle the team rather than experiment. Martyn is playing the Vlastuin role at VFL level, but I can't see them bringing him in. Mansell maybe. Someone suggested Biggie but that would make us very tall down back alongside Tarrant, Balta, Godcus and Broad.

I think we'd all love to see Stack in the side and we know how good he can be at half-back. As above though, if they were thinking it surely they would have played him there on the weekend.
I just think he has played the role before ( Stacky ) but I guess you are right in saying he hasn’t this year.
Plus we want a settled back 7 but injuries to our 2 pillars a reshuffle will need to be made.
Others have said KMac back but who plays wing????

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Shedda is the perfect sub at this stage of his career. he is the sort of player who can come on and make an impact but struggles to do so for a whole game these days

Reactions: 8 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I just think he has played the role before ( Stacky ) but I guess you are right in saying he hasn’t this year.
Plus we want a settled back 7 but injuries to our 2 pillars a reshuffle will need to be made.
Others have said KMac back but who plays wing????
He did play half-back once a few weeks ago.

Yeah, if KMac goes back, it could be George for the wing.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
As I said the other day, should be a straight swap for Tigga in the backline. Read the play, set blokes to space to rip holes in the game.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He gets 75% TOG. Plays 50%. Forms up when he's soaking it up. Been that way for years. It's all about what we get in the 50%.

Looked fresh today. Nimble. Hit the ground ball beautifully. A few times could not raise a gallop. But that's who he is.

We got what we wanted today. 9 Score Involvements. Looked right to me.

Reactions: 10 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Been plenty of knockers on Shane in recent weeks ( even me at times) but if they just watch Shane really did today with his sleight of hand, vision and just the ability to be in the right place at the right time, they may change their minds

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Best game of the year for shedda.

Can someone tell me why he was wearing black socks on the ground? Same as MRJ, and Bolton as well

Was not wearing black and yellow socks, just black ones.

Maybe its a brothers thing for the passing of an elder Rioli

Reactions: 1 user

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
he was and still is the real ( Richmond man) deal

cheers Shane .............

Reactions: 13 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Congratulations on a spectacular career Shedds.
You’ll never be forgotten and retire a legend of the RFC and the AFL.

Reactions: 9 users