Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Has taken a while to get going this season but the past few games have been good. But right decision for all.

Have been proud to see his evolution from Shank to Shedda. His hands have always been a lethal weapon.

Hopefully we see him play another 5 games yet!

Reactions: 7 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Strange feeling when you still remember retiring players from the actual draft day. Time flashes......

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Right call. But still saddens me to see the likes of Astbury, Lambert and Edwards retire.
Time waits for no one but at least we can reflect on their magnificent careers and rewatch our GF triumphs.
Theyve all given us so much joy.
Well played Shedda

Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Absolute Tiger legend! Played a massive part in how we played and won those premierships.

Reactions: 7 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
If there was a Concise Richmond Dictionary. .... We could go to Humble and find both Shane Edwards and Kane Lambert as the worthy definition.

Lots of great memories. ..... 2 really stick in my mind....
MCC wing when he absolutely nailed Selwood from behind as we were mounting our 3rd quarter comeback in the 2019 prelim. It's a thing of beauty watched in super slow mo!

Also in 2019 his performance after half time in the QF v Brisbane was just enormous.

Thanks Shedda.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Love the way he went to work on the Adelaide midfield in the second quarter of the 2017 GF.

Thanks Shane. Been a privilege to watch your career from start to finish.

Reactions: 5 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Shane's had a fantastic career and been a brilliant footballer for us. I'll be sad to see him go, but it does seem like the right time for him hang up the boots and give a younger player more opportunities.

Hoping we can chair him off after a grand final win but either way we'll remember him as a sublimely skilled gun footballer, and champion of our club.

Thanks Shedda!!! :clap2:clap2:clap2 :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Wonderful wonderful footballer. Amazing footy smarts. Fast hands and startling vision to spot blokes seemingly out of the play to pass to , by hand or foot. Pleasure watching him play for us. Thank god it was for us!

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I was wondering why the forum was busy!

Thanks Shane, a true champion of not just RFC but the AFL.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
In my top-5 all-time favourite players. Sad, but no one can play forever. Straight into recruiting, he'll have a good eye for the next genius.

One more for the road, Shedda!

Reactions: 10 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
We all know the end is getting closer for some of our champions, but have to admit when the notification came through on the app was certainly a bit of sadness.

Super player with sublime ability to put team mates into a better position.

What a player & congrats on a great career,

Lets hope there is a few more games yet to come.

Reactions: 3 users