Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
You named him on the wing in another thread. I am not sure KMac is enough of an upgrade as a defender on Gibcus (if at all) to warrant weakening our wings by moving him back.
Agreed. Wingers are so important to the way we play and K Mac, for all his faults, is brilliant in that role for us. Better than brilliant.

Reactions: 2 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Edwards should start

Problem is Dusty will be underdone as well, its risky, but these lads have the score on the board, Sonz has plenty of time

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
You named him on the wing in another thread. I am not sure KMac is enough of an upgrade as a defender on Gibcus (if at all) to warrant weakening our wings by moving him back.
Yes he starts on the wing. But can drop back as our 7th defender allowing Ross to push into that wing role.
Not an upgrade? Go watch the 2020 GF and more recently the game against Brisbane (I think that was the game) when Grimes got injured.

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Outstanding tackle by Shedda trying to win us the game sadly it didn’t end in us winning

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Thanks for the memories of a great career Shane. You can go into the sunset proud of what you have given and become so will always be remembered of one of our greats. Going to miss him

Reactions: 8 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Thanks Shedda. I would have selected you over Gibcus and had Miller split time in the backline.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
big and sad moment with Cotch and Jack chairing him off

glad the Lions showed the respect, but it doesn't make me like them

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
All the best Shane for whatever the future brings you. Thanks for the memories over the years, especially through our recent dominant era. Another Tiger great departs. When I walk into my man cave and look at the photo I was lucky enough to take with the team in 2008 - now only Cotchin and Jack remain.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He got the sub role, the cuddle. And he gave everything he had. We failed. Did Shed succeed? He wouldn't think so.

Another knight slain.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Thanks for the memories of a great career Shane. You can go into the sunset proud of what you have given and become so will always be remembered of one of our greats. Going to miss him
Well said - but maybe we won't miss him altogether.
Whereas potential coaches usually go to another club (as part of their development) - I'm thinking that he could step seamlessly into an immediate recruiting role at the club and perhaps even start work leading into the next draft/trade period.

TigerBalm

On Victory we thrive... Just Eat Em Alive !
May 14, 2011
Thanks Shane Edwards. Richmond Triple Premiership player Forever.