Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Edwards will always be remembered in my family.
The Day he destroyed the Bow & Arrow and Bulters in the same game will never ever be forgotten.
Durrrsanma has been delist material ever since and Bulters has never been the same

Reactions: 2 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Good luck to him, wanted to move back home to SA.

The most interesting part was that Stiffy Johncock's given name is Jeremy, I don't think I ever knew that.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Just proves how much 'home' really means to these kids.
He stayed at Richmond for a 100 years never thought to leave but as soon as his playing career is over, he moves back home.
Adelaide have done well, Jackson & now Edwards all they need is Castagna and they can be our reserves

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Assume Dan Jackson gave him a good reference. Best of luck Shane, you will be missed.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's a loss for Richmond but you can't blame a young family for wanting to be closer to their kin.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Was trying to remember if he was from Adelaide, and the article confirmed it.

Not only is he getting to move home but this looks like a good job to gain experience. As a 1 club player, experience elsewhere would be good for his career if he wants to continue to work in football.

Adelaide have recruited a quality human being who cannot help but be an asset beyond his actual role. I can't think of anyone else who has such potential in a development role, especially with indigenous players.

I hope he also gets opportunities to work in roles outside of an indigenous focus, he has a lot to offer everyone.

Good luck to him, has been a great servant of our club and we can only celebrate his time at Richmond. Hope, but also have confidence, that he does really well in his new role.

DS

Reactions: 11 users