Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I would think in the wake of what's happened at Hawthorn that most clubs will be looking to adopt similar Indigenous roles.
Well done by Adelaide for getting an excellent candidate for that job in Shane.
We've been on the front foot in that respect for some time with X Clarke on board.

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Good luck Shane...... all our good people will be snapped up as they retire. .... as sad as it is.... it's a credit firstly to themselves and you would also hope it shows what a fantastic environment Punt Rd has become to achieve their best.

Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Seriously good luck Shedda. Just not too much.
I hope he has good luck for the first couple of years - when he might need a bit in a brand new role.
And then he does well in the job for a year or two without needing luck - because he's become genuinely good at it.
And then he comes back to us!

Reactions: 1 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Great opportunity for him. A no brainer " going home close to his family is also advantageous for him

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Sad to see ‘Scissorhands’ go to the Crows.

Opportunity yes to go home but I would have loved him to stay on in a role similar to Betts.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Shedda Scissorhands legendary triple premiership tiger one minute.

Nek minnit
Shane Edwards farkin Crowbait.

• Haha
  • Sad

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I'm sure we have the need for talent scouts in Adelaide. We should have kept this guy inside the club, if we were training him up for this vocation.
Disappointed he's gone. Real disappointed, but happy for him.

Reactions: 6 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I'm sure we have the need for talent scouts in Adelaide. We should have kept this guy inside the club, if we were training him up for this vocation.
Disappointed he's gone. Real disappointed, but happy for him.
I suspect the pay rate for talent scouts is probably well below his new role at Adelaide. Scouts would have more travelling.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
All the best to Shed and his family. I wish him luck, but not when they play the Tiges.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
No doubt Shane will do a great job of helping indigenous player to flourish at Adelaide. Would have loved him to stay at Tigerland but fully understand the pull of returning home to family so trust he will be very happy in the next phase of his life. Will still miss him though

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Just proves how much 'home' really means to these kids.
He stayed at Richmond for a 100 years never thought to leave but as soon as his playing career is over, he moves back home.

Off subject slightly, but I once met an elderly indigenous guy in the organisation I work for who lived in a beautiful house near the sea, had heaps of money and just about the most contented life you could imagine. He was a storeman and he had a pretty cushy number. The store he worked in was immaculately maintained and he took great pride in that.

But he told me that when he retired in 12 months time, he was going to move back home to a little place called Yalgoo. Yalgoo is 500 km NNE of Perth, has a population of about 300, has stinking hot summer days and freezing winter nights, and not much else.

But it was his land. It was where he was born and grew up, and it was where he wanted to die. It just really underlined the bond that indigenous people have with wherever they call home. While I'd like to think I can understand it, I am sure I don't.

The sad thing was he never got there. About 3 months after I met him, he had a massive heart attack at work and passed away. Unfortunately he had his heart attack in the lunch room on a day when the other guys were all out of the depot on jobs. They found him slumped over the lunchroom table next to his sandwiches. I felt really sad for him.

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Off subject slightly, but I once met an elderly indigenous guy in the organisation I work for who lived in a beautiful house near the sea, had heaps of money and just about the most contented life you could imagine. He was a storeman and he had a pretty cushy number. The store he worked in was immaculately maintained and he took great pride in that.

But he told me that when he retired in 12 months time, he was going to move back home to a little place called Yalgoo. Yalgoo is 500 km NNE of Perth, has a population of about 300, has stinking hot summer days and freezing winter nights, and not much else.

But it was his land. It was where he was born and grew up, and it was where he wanted to die. It just really underlined the bond that indigenous people have with wherever they call home. While I'd like to think I can understand it, I am sure I don't.

The sad thing was he never got there. About 3 months after I met him, he had a massive heart attack at work and passed away. Unfortunately he had his heart attack in the lunch room on a day when the other guys were all out of the depot on jobs. They found him slumped over the lunchroom table next to his sandwiches. I felt really sad for him.
That's almost exactly like me.
Grew up in the streets off Swans St & Burnley St and i moved away in 2004 and 1 day I will return.
9 of the best holes at a golf course in the country, Royal Burnley.
5 mins away from chapel St.
1 stop away from Richmond station, if running express past East Richmond.
Yeah, the pull of home is unbelievable

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
That's almost exactly like me.
Grew up in the streets off Swans St & Burnley St and i moved away in 2004 and 1 day I will return.
9 of the best holes at a golf course in the country, Royal Burnley.
5 mins away from chapel St.
1 stop away from Richmond station, if running express past East Richmond.
Yeah, the pull of home is unbelievable
I grew up in the Richmond street of ‘Leslie St’ , but have ties in Greece and home pull of ‘Thailand’.

Love to go back to either 3 Zipps.

I guess I will have to settle with my ‘ashes’ sprinkled over all three.

Home is where the heart is. I need three.

Sad story Streak. Made me feel sad for the gentleman. Dying alone would be the worse feeling imaginable for his ‘loved ones’.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Best of luck to Shane on his return home.

Shame the RFC couldnt keep him on in some capacity.
Yeah, the scalped us. Good get by them. Perfect for culture, IP and helping the indigenous lads.

And Shedda doesn't owe us anything anymore, we set up for his next move. He is one of our greats.

Totally unique footballer, will miss him.

Reactions: 4 users