Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Shed sets us up better than anyone. He got another 5 Score Involvements against the Dees, which is his season average. Pretty damn good for a guy who's playing down back.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Back to his best.

His hands in tight are electric. Allows us to get out of some tricky situations.

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Gets no real love because we expect him to just always win most contests and he does. Super reliable now and an important cog in our wheel that’s for sure.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
As recently as three years ago - I was calling for his head (my whipping boy?)

Then again - I have no CRED - calling for Rance's head circa 2013/14!

Sugar Shane reminds me of Wayne Gardner!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Actually ............ Shane has far more natural ability .............. but he reminds me of a media piece many years ago!

Wayne had retired from MotoGP (then 500cc) and turned to Supercars (V8)

He was involved in multiple incidents and the media labelled him "Captain Chaos' (or words to effect)

Anyone watching could see how fast he was - but - sadly there seemed to be lots of 'incidents'.

Then along comes Alan Jones (previous F1 World Champion) and he turns on the media and says (words to effect):

"You call him Captain Chaos - but - the truth is he's the fastest driver out there! His mind still thinks at 340kmh and these locals are struggling to match that! he brakes harder than anyone out there because he knows the true limit of the traction! It's amazing to watch - and if others would stop crashing into him - or braking too early - we would have a great champion"

Edwards is faster and quicker with the ball than ANYONE!

His amazing skills in close (quick flick passes) are often too quick for his team mates!

Keep it up Shane :clap :clap :clap :clap

Maturing like a beautiful red wine!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sir said:
As recently as three years ago - I was calling for his head (my whipping boy?)

Then again - I have no CRED - calling for Rance's head circa 2013/14!

Sugar Shane reminds me of Wayne Gardner!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Actually ............ Shane has far more natural ability .............. but he reminds me of a media piece many years ago!

Wayne had retired from MotoGP (then 500cc) and turned to Supercars (V8)

He was involved in multiple incidents and the media labelled him "Captain Chaos' (or words to effect)

Anyone watching could see how fast he was - but - sadly there seemed to be lots of 'incidents'.

Then along comes Alan Jones (previous F1 World Champion) and he turns on the media and says (words to effect):

"You call him Captain Chaos - but - the truth is he's the fastest driver out there! His mind still thinks at 340kmh and these locals are struggling to match that! he brakes harder than anyone out there because he knows the true limit of the traction! It's amazing to watch - and if others would stop crashing into him - or braking too early - we would have a great champion"

Edwards is faster and quicker with the ball than ANYONE!

His amazing skills in close (quick flick passes) are often too quick for his team mates!

Keep it up Shane :clap :clap :clap :clap

Maturing like a beautiful red wine!

I like it :clap

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Still one of the best players in the comp when there is no space in which to work.

If in doubt on his ability, think about this. When five-time All-Australian Centre half back Alex Rance, goes down with a long term injury, who does the coach trust to take his place? It is not exactly a like for like replacement.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Baron Samedi said:
So much urgency these days. I think that has lifted him.

Forced captaincy was a blessing.
Was it ever.

And that move to half back. Genius idea by Leppa.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I always loved what Edwards could bring even way back in the days at Coburg. I remember at those draft nights way back when Miller was at the club he said Edwards had elite endurance but needed to learn when to run to a contest as sometimes he'd arrive late and not be able to get to the next one and that he had a good long kick but his short kicking needed work.
All these years later and you look at the player he has become. I imagine he has a very high desire to work hard and had great support from the coaches who've needed to develop him.
I hope he's got a few years left and that we can keep him onboard to help mentor and develop others, particularly indigenous kids, post footy. I'd say his leadership is fantastic and one of the reasons we've been able to cope without the big three outs.