Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Blind Faith said:
Mick Malthouse has no idea

Malthouse pffffttt!! He's a dinosaur. That article he wrote about Richmond and Hawthorn and how their on field leadership was so much better than ours was the greatest load of crap I've read in a long time. Would have done Damian Barrett proud.

I wonder if senile old Micky watched the game on Sunday?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ridley said:
Malthouse pffffttt!! He's a dinosaur. That article he wrote about Richmond and Hawthorn and how their on field leadership was so much better than ours was the greatest load of crap I've read in a long time. Would have done Damian Barrett proud.

For a bloke that wore our jumper he hates us.
The love for Collingwood is sickening

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
For a bloke that wore our jumper he hates us.
The love for Collingwood is sickening

You do realise that he grew up a Mugpies supporter. So has a built in preference for them.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Ridley said:

Ch 9 should replace The Footy Show with a new show called Footy Mediawatch where these journos are held to account for their articles/comments etc.

I saw Lloyd bagging Carlton (and rightly so) saying their list is crap etc. I’m sure earlier this pre season he was glowing of Carlton’s prospects.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Ridley said:
That article he wrote about Richmond and Hawthorn and how their on field leadership was so much better than ours was the greatest load of crap I've read in a long time. Would have done Damian Barrett proud.

It was a really strange article given the one he wrote a couple of weeks earlier which said don't write Richmond off for the flag. The Dogs loss was comprehensive but Malthouse is looking as much a flip-flopper as the rest of them. It's as though the HS demanded an article and he was out of ideas.

When Nankervis went down on the day of the article, on-field leadership was stretched to breaking point. Fortunately for us, everyone in the team is stepping up.

"Hawks don't complain about injuries" was interesting, likely a barb about Hardwick's plea for a bit of luck after the Dogs game.

"Hawthorn is racing ahead" was another interesting one. Malthouse is usually a good judge of where clubs are at. Hawks have been one step forward, one-and-a-half steps back for a while now.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
It was a really strange article given the one he wrote a couple of weeks earlier which said don't write Richmond off for the flag. The Dogs loss was comprehensive but Malthouse is looking as much a flip-flopper as the rest of them. It's as though the HS demanded an article and he was out of ideas.

When Nankervis went down on the day of the article, on-field leadership was stretched to breaking point. Fortunately for us, everyone in the team is stepping up.

"Hawks don't complain about injuries" was interesting, likely a barb about Hardwick's plea for a bit of luck after the Dogs game.

"Hawthorn is racing ahead" was another interesting one. Malthouse is usually a good judge of where clubs are at. Hawks have been one step forward, one-and-a-half steps back for a while now.

Yep Lee with your analysis of list profiles you'd be more aware than most of where Hawthorn are at. I believe their list is one of the oldest and quite frankly their young players aren't that good. I think they are in quite a bit of trouble.

A bit surprising that someone with Malthouse's vast experience has overlooked that.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ridley said:
Yep Lee with your analysis of list profiles you'd be more aware than most of where Hawthorn are at. I believe their list is one of the oldest and quite frankly their young players aren't that good. I think they are in quite a bit of trouble.

A bit surprising that someone with Malthouse's vast experience has overlooked that.

Hawthorn are finished.
Worpel isn’t Mitchell
Mitchell Lewis isn’t Roughead
Brand isn’t Lewis
Stratton isn’t hodge

Some dark days coming up

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Ha... it's funny reading how much people complain about things they've seen in the AFL media.

I don't think I've seen or heard 1 word from them this year. It's way more enjoyable to just watch Richmond and fill in the gaps on here - I highly recommend more people stop consuming AFL media.

It's designed to agitate you just enough to make you see as many ads as possible, it's NOT their job to analyse the game or provide you with accurate content.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
BOG for me.
He has gone to another level. If the aboriginal kids use him as a yard stick we will be in a good spot for the next couple of years.
I would leave him as captain

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
BOG for me.
He has gone to another level. If the aboriginal kids use him as a yard stick we will be in a good spot for the next couple of years.
I would leave him as captain

Your best post Zips, well said... :clap...Although i think Houli just shaded him for BOG

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
He used to spray his disposals a lot but now seems to hardly waste them even under immense pressure. Has become the player many knew he could become. Magnificent player.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
One move the must be made is Shedda from the backline to mid forward.

Whilst he's been good down back, his creative work is irreplaceable in our front half.

We are lacking ideas and smarts big time in this area. As we know Shane has these in spades. Not to mention missing his contested work with decreased stints in the middle.

Go on Dimma. You know it makes sense.