Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Leysy Days said:
One move the must be made is Shedda from the backline to mid forward.

Whilst he's been good down back, his creative work is irreplaceable in our front half.

We are lacking ideas and smarts big time in this area. As we know Shane has these in spades. Not to mention missing his contested work with decreased stints in the middle.

Go on Dimma. You know it makes sense.
I agree Leysy. Our forward half is currently littered with out of form role players. The spark of 2017 / 2018 has gone.

Then add the fact Riewoldt and Lambert are missing from there as well.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
jb03 said:
Lee might be able to confirm but from memory has been pretty durable.

Played 243 out of 281 games since debut.

Currently leading our consecutive games with 54, his career-best run.

Been out of the side 16 times, but some of those early ones would've been form/development related. Longest breaks 5, 5 & 4 weeks.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Why was sheds thread on page 5?

he did some absurdly graceful things on Sunday, even by his standards.

some of his work through traffic was Sydney Stack-like :cool:

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Sheds seems to have hit a sweet spot in his career where he understands the game entirely.

he knows what he can and cant do in almost all situations..

He's like a year 10 kid playing against the year 7s and 8s in basketball.

I reckon you see the really good players hit that sweet spot around 28

and you could mount a case (it wouldn't be hard to pick apart), that's he's become better than Shaun Burgoyne (not the tragically old has-been of '19, but the sublime genius game changer of 6-7 years ago)

(note; I find it a bit tragic to watch such a magnificent player like Burgoyne grow old and fall off the cliff - he's completely done)

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
One move the must be made is Shedda from the backline to mid forward.

Whilst he's been good down back, his creative work is irreplaceable in our front half.

We are lacking ideas and smarts big time in this area. As we know Shane has these in spades. Not to mention missing his contested work with decreased stints in the middle.

Go on Dimma. You know it makes sense.

Mastercoach leysy

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sheds seems to have hit a sweet spot in his career where he understands the game entirely.

he knows what he can and cant do in almost all situations..

He's like a year 10 kid playing against the year 7s and 8s in basketball.

I reckon you see the really good players hit that sweet spot around 28

and you could mount a case (it wouldn't be hard to pick apart), that's he's become better than Shaun Burgoyne (not the tragically old has-been of '19, but the sublime genius game changer of 6-7 years ago)

(note; I find it a bit tragic to watch such a magnificent player like Burgoyne grow old and fall off the cliff - he's completely done)
I'd love for Shed to play into his mid 30's and play 300 games like Silk has. Can't see why he won't either.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'd love for Shed to play into his mid 30's and play 300 games like Silk has. Can't see why he won't either.

Other than Buddy's elbows, he hasn't taken too much punishment over the years.

he looks like a player with another 100 games in him.

should be ample cover in $hai, stackman, Ross in the guts etc for sheds to enjoy his time in the sun, kicking 100 goals in the forward pocket

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Edwards must play forward of centre for the rest of the year. The experiment down back worked whilst we were working through our injuries. But now its about preparing for our finals tilt. Its no coincidence that Edwards moving back forward, plus the Stack move has us looking way more dangerous.

B

Bill James

Been out of touch since he returned from injury. I recall he took a couple of weeks to regain touch when he came back from injury in 2017 but it came together over 3-4 weeks. Thought he looked more assured in the second half.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Been out of touch since he returned from injury. I recall he took a couple of weeks to regain touch when he came back from injury in 2017 but it came together over 3-4 weeks. Thought he looked more assured in the second half.
Yep. Was woeful in the first half. Wouldn't object to a return up the ground and Stack moved back.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Yep. Was woeful in the first half. Wouldn't object to a return up the ground and Stack moved back.

Agree with all of this. If Shedda stays back and Stack stays forward reckon Short may be in trouble. Would prefer another mid/forward.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Decision making was somewhat off today.

I love his creativity but sometimes it's ok to just belt the ball down the line Shedda!

Better suited up the ground for mine.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He'll come good for sure, even today there was more good than bad. Agree that Stackman should come back. We need that steel as well as skill off halfback.