Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Like so many of our guys over the past few years has grown as a player and a person. Should go down as one of our greats and if he can keep himself on the park could crack the 300 game mark and become only the 4th Tiger to do so.

Reactions: 5 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
The away game against Port last year. My 2nd favourite game of the whole year.

This game was played R4 after were spanked back2back by the Pies and GWS where we had so many out including Dusty, Jack, Rance, Cotch & Shorty.
Jack Ross played an amazing debut match and Grimes was huge in defence.

What stood out for me was the leadership of Edwards - he was everything he needed to be as a leader and stand in captain.

Reactions: 2 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Like so many of our guys over the past few years has grown as a player and a person. Should go down as one of our greats and if he can keep himself on the park could crack the 300 game mark and become only the 4th Tiger to do so.
Feel like a few of this group could top the 300.
Shedda/Jack/Cotch/Dusty.
Great era we’ve been able to appreciate.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Feel like a few of this group could top the 300.
Shedda/Jack/Cotch/Dusty.
Great era we’ve been able to appreciate.
I really hope so. It’s been far too long since we had a 300 gamer, and for a club with our history, 3 simply isn’t enough. Jacks actually closer to it than Shedda, then Cotch and Dusty.

Reactions: 1 user

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
The away game against Port last year. My 2nd favourite game of the whole year.

This game was played R4 after were spanked back2back by the Pies and GWS where we had so many out including Dusty, Jack, Rance, Cotch & Shorty.
Jack Ross played an amazing debut match and Grimes was huge in defence.

What stood out for me was the leadership of Edwards - he was everything he needed to be as a leader and stand in captain.
I thought this was an incredible game also. Edwards huge. Lynch huge. I'm useless at technology, but does anybody know where I could watch that game again? Can't seem to find it on YouTube and only the highlights are on the AFL site ??

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I thought this was an incredible game also. Edwards huge. Lynch huge. I'm useless at technology, but does anybody know where I could watch that game again? Can't seem to find it on YouTube and only the highlights are on the AFL site ??
G'day @Mycotchinrules
Thought I'd go in search of it as I'd watched it previously on the AFL site.
You can still get it, as you can with every match back to 2012.. Not sure if you need to be a telstra customer (me) or have bought the subscription as they did have everything for free I think whilst we've been locked up.

They've just done an update and ...... *smile*, they make you jump through some hoops to go back in time!

If you can get yourself to this page ( fyi 'Watch Replay' gets you only Q1.... go figure!)

Screenshot_2020-06-08-15-12-51.png

Scroll down until you see this and hit the MORE NEWS▶

Screenshot_2020-06-08-15-13-40~2.png

And hopefully you should see this....!

Screenshot_2020-06-08-15-11-31.png

Last edited:

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
G'day @Mycotchinrules
Thought I'd go in search of it as I'd watched it previously on the AFL site.
You can still get it, as you can with every match back to 2012.. Not sure if you need to be a telstra customer (me) or have bought the subscription as they did have everything for free I think whilst we've been locked up.

They've just done an update and ...... *smile*, they make you jump through some hoops to go back in time!

If you can get yourself to this page ( fyi 'Watch Replay' gets you only Q1.... go figure!)

View attachment 9958

Scroll down until you see this and hit the MORE NEWS▶

View attachment 9959

And hopefully you should see this....!

View attachment 9960
Thanks mate, appreciate the help

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hard to imagine but at 31 still feels like he might have more improvement in him.

Going as good as ever. Boy was I wrong about this bloke. Genuine star.

Reactions: 4 users

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
Has there ever been a team in AFL history who boasts the number and pure eye popping class of Indigenous boys as RFC does at the minute?
Edwards, Rioli, Bolton, Stack, Pickett and Eggmolessi-Smith. Serious talent.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Has there ever been a team in AFL history who boasts the number and pure eye popping class of Indigenous boys as RFC does at the minute?
Edwards, Rioli, Bolton, Stack, Pickett and Eggmolessi-Smith. Serious talent.

Port 2004 - P.Burgoyne/S.Burgoyne/Pickett/Wanganeen
Hawthorn 2008 - Bateman/Franklin/Rioli/Williams (Stokes)
Hawthorn 2013 - Burgoyne/Franklin/Hill/Rioli (Anderson)
Richmond 2019 - Bolton/Edwards/Pickett/Rioli (Eggmolesse-Smith/Stack)

Our list at least has the most depth.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tried his best to get into the game, especially after half time but i missed those huge runs out of the back half.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
just how important is Shane to our ball movement in the middle of the ground and kicks into our forward line

he is missed more than anyone else!!

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
just how important is Shane to our ball movement in the middle of the ground and kicks into our forward line

he is missed more than anyone else!!

I think cotchy is our MVP this year,

But yeah we miss shane big time.

Having said that, his disposal was halfway between adam treloar and dylan sheil this year

Having said that, its inevitable that the old timers whove summitted find H&A a bit underwhelming.

I reckon JRs there now.

They just kill time till big boy months (is that september now)

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I think cotchy is our MVP this year,

But yeah we miss shane big time.

Having said that, his disposal was halfway between adam treloar and dylan sheil this year

Having said that, its inevitable that the old timers whove summitted find H&A a bit underwhelming.

I reckon JRs there now.

They just kill time till big boy months (is that september now)

no guarantees we make it to big boy month in a season like this.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
alot of the times edwards is the key master that unlocks many of our attacking plays. his quick and creative hands puts others into open space who then deliver quickly to our forwards. currently we are running into brick walls when moving the ball. Prestia is also good at finding the gaps in tight. Cotch just rams his way through. Our systems and structures and intensity levels are in a good place atm (Dimma alluded to some good indicators), but we are lacking the class and creative spark to open things up.

Reactions: 1 users