Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
My BOG. What a game. 18 disposals, 12 contested, 8 clearances yet maintained 89% disposal efficiency. Magic.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Clearly the most effective player on the ground. Magic. Welcome back sheds

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Hasn't had the rave reviews from the media that Ablett or Selwood will get if they come back in and performed to the level that Sheda did yesterday.
But that's not surprising, we all know that he's a champion. I'm half expecting them to say that training with Ablett has improved him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hasn't had the rave reviews from the media that Ablett or Selwood will get if they come back in and performed to the level that Sheda did yesterday.
But that's not surprising, we all know how that he's champion. I'm half expecting them to say that training with Ablett has improved him.

Jordan Lewis said last night that Edwards is no longer underrated and the general public now knows who he is. He turns 32 next month!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Perhaps makes a difference that he didn’t miss from injury as well , same for Houli ,

He looks so fresh and ready to rip

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a versatile player Sheda is. He played a handful of games down back last year, and did it with aplomb. He's a handy forward, and comes back into the midfield last night after not playing since round 5 and gets 8 clearances :clap2

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
But that's not surprising, we all know how that he's champion. I'm half expecting them to say that training with Ablett has improved him.
That’s what’s brought up.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Jordan Lewis said last night that Edwards is no longer underrated and the general public now knows who he is. He turns 32 next month!

To be fair, up until and after the 2016 season, there were a lot on here that didn't rate him, nicknamed Shank etc and people saying we should trade. It was only with a Shedda style gameplan that we have got the best out of him and he has really elevated himself to that next level.

There are always players that other clubs fans don't rate and Shed is one of them for us.

Lewis actually stated that Richmond and their fans have known how good Edwards is but the rest of the comp have only recently awoken to how good he is.

I couldn't fault what Lewis said, particularly when you look at the statements from Tigers fans pre 2017 on Edwards.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The handball that set up aarts's running goal was unbelievable. Commentators missed it.

Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
To be fair, up until and after the 2016 season, there were a lot on here that didn't rate him, nicknamed Shank etc and people saying we should trade. It was only with a Shedda style gameplan that we have got the best out of him and he has really elevated himself to that next level.

Only been elite since the last third of 2017.

Still, he'd played nearly 200 games to the end of 2016 and was virtually anonymous. Think it's similar to Matthew Rogers - low profile and garden variety name in a team that wasn't at the pointy end.

Reactions: 1 user