Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Reported in the HS that Edwards remained in Melbourne, but Richmond sought special clearance for him to fly to Sydney today and he's likely to play next week.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Great to have Shedda back for Dreamtime, pretty emotional in his RFC website interview:

Makes you very proud of our club too not only in being at the forefront of indigenous inclusion in the AFL but off-field with the KGI Institute in education and developing young indigenous leaders of tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Great to have Shedda back for Dreamtime, pretty emotional in his RFC website interview:

Makes you very proud of our club too not only in being at the forefront of indigenous inclusion in the AFL but off-field with the KGI Institute in education and developing young indigenous leaders of tomorrow.

Great clip. Really heartfelt by Shedda. He’s become such a leader in our club and is making his mark on the other Indigenous players at the club. He’s come a long way since discovering his own heritage at a latter stage. Buts he’s embraced it and is learning and passing on to others. To our players and kids attending the KGI.
I wonder if that’s helped him become the player he now is.

Reactions: 4 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
He is a true champion. So humble but so influential in what he's done and doing. What a great person he is.

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Shane could very well take the captaincy for a year or 2 transition after Trent retires, I'm tipping Shane to play a season or two more than Trent.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
No coincidence Shedda is back and we look a lot better going down the corridor. A wizard with those incisive diagonal kicks that are impossible to defend.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Freak of nature. Not even close to on the downward slope Of his career.

Ball movement looked so much better with his vision. Invaluable.

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Edwards will sit comfortably in the all time great's of the club.
When he retires.
Im happy that he got 1 more year.
Good week especially after the news Jack signed for an extra one.

Reactions: 7 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Unbelievable player. One of if not the best I’ve seen in traffic ever. His work in all the grand finals was incredible. Everytime I watch a replay of each GF I notice something else he dis that was unbelievable.

Reactions: 11 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Underdone. Has been ineffective since coming back.
Yeah. The break and getting some greater fitness will benefit him. Bit worrying when Nic Nat leaves you in the dust. I know he’s quick for a big guy, but Naitanui is 31 and he burnt off Shed while bouncing the ball. Dunno if that’d happen with a fit (younger ?) Shed.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Yeah. The break and getting some greater fitness will benefit him. Bit worrying when Nic Nat leaves you in the dust. I know he’s quick for a big guy, but Naitanui is 31 and he burnt off Shed while bouncing the ball. Dunno if that’d happen with a fit (younger ?) Shed.
Nicnats 3 steps would be longer than Shed’s ten.