Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I've had big tozzer on ignore for some months and would highly recommend it. Adds nothing of value to the forum.

Reactions: 3 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Congratulations Shane. As much as I criticise your selection this year, I could not overstate your value to the success of the club in that last few years. Have a great game.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Shedward Scissor Hands has been a stalwart of our team in the last decade and I'm so proud he's managed to get to the 300 club. He's been one the most consistently classy players I've witnessed in the yellow and black, is incredibly reliable and resilient, and in the few times he has been out with injury there has been a noticeable gap in our team dynamic. He'll leave big shoes to fill once he does finish up his illustrious career and I just hope we have a player in the 2s who can step up and fill the hole he'll leave for the next decade.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
A phantom. An apparition. A thief in the night.
Shane surely has the distinction of owning the most uncalled possessions in the history of footy. He’s a walking drinking game.
He’s a truly irreplaceable force, and one of my all time favourite tigers. Go well great man.

Reactions: 13 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Everything he has achieved he thoroughly deserves. One of the nicest guys in the industry and just a fantastic player. In his prime he was able to impact games like few others. Will always be one of my all time favourites and have loved watching him play.

Reactions: 2 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
That’s what’s wrong with the Richmond version 2021 and 2022 . Gifted players games . Eg . Edwards and until recently Castagna. We deserve what we are getting ! Playing non competitive players . That’s brutal but it’s fact ! . Hopefully he retires next week .

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
That’s what’s wrong with the Richmond version 2021 and 2022 . Gifted players games . Eg . Edwards and until recently Castagna. We deserve what we are getting ! Playing non competitive players . That’s brutal but it’s fact ! . Hopefully he retires next week .
sorry pal but that ain't a fact. Unless you're Donald Trump maybe, Few vintage shed moments at key times today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
you're on drugs. Or maybe you need some drugs.
Have you got any to spare?

Not the Shane of yesteryear. I have been a staunch supporter of him for many years but today he was a shadow of himself and it pains me to say that. A couple of cameos is not enough for AFL footy. I just want to see him play another match of vintage Shane before he retires

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Congrats to Edwards. 300 games is one hell of an effort. The burning question, does he keep his spot next week?

Reactions: 1 user