Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
IF we make finals, will be interesting to see if Sheds plays a role, or if he's off the books now. Glad he got to 300 but it's a sad way to go out.

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
IF we make finals, will be interesting to see if Sheds plays a role, or if he's off the books now. Glad he got to 300 but it's a sad way to go out.
Barring multiple players who aren't Aarts or George suddenly starring consistently in the VFL, he'll play again this season, mostly just for his experience. And I don't find it sad at all for 2 reasons, first just its a pretty standard script really, all part of the process, players get old and decline and finally retire or are sacked. He's had a brilliant career. Its not sad, its just life. Nathan Browns broken leg, that was sad. Second, he's obviously in decline, but it hasn't been as bad as many think. Some key involvements in our comeback last week, he's never been Tom Mitchell possessions-wise.

Reactions: 9 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Barring multiple players who aren't Aarts or George suddenly starring consistently in the VFL, he'll play again this season, mostly just for his experience. And I don't find it sad at all for 2 reasons, first just its a pretty standard script really, all part of the process, players get old and decline and finally retire or are sacked. He's had a brilliant career. Its not sad, its just life. Nathan Browns broken leg, that was sad. Second, he's obviously in decline, but it hasn't been as bad as many think. Some key involvements in our comeback last week, he's never been Tom Mitchell possessions-wise.
Have a look at Shane
He’s around the top 5 or so for goal assists.
He’s not the first to get managed for an away trip

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
No mate, I’m a little suspicious of the conflicting information but that’s about it. Maybe he’s gone fishing with bashar
Apparently he has been managing a back injury. That's the best I can find at tis stage.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
No mate, I’m a little suspicious of the conflicting information but that’s about it. Maybe he’s gone fishing with bashar
Understandably, but i reckon they were planning to use him as sub, then his back did flare a little- bending over walking frames can do that- so they gave him the week off.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Hopefully he has been carrying an injury and comes back injury free and in form of any of previous years. An unlikely stretch - but would make a world of difference.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
It's smart to rest veterans. We should rest more if we can.

They're all carrying something minor to some degree, so you're splitting hairs if you call it "rest" or "back" or whatever.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Life moves on pretty quickly. After a strong win against port the question is who does Shane come back in for? Sub for Castagna?
Either that or he could take Vlastuin's place in the backline so we can keep Kamdyn on the wing. He's done it before with aplomb and might find it easier than up forward, where there's arguably no room for all of him, MoJu and Cumbo.

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Either that or he could take Vlastuin's place in the backline so we can keep Kamdyn on the wing. He's done it before with aplomb and might find it easier than up forward, where there's arguably no room for all of him, MoJu and Cumbo.
True . Played that role was it last year?

But would prefer Stack and maybe Edwards the sub is my ‘two cents worth’.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I reckon it is doubtful he will move back now. Maybe another week off to rest his back. The VFL have a bye, so worth giving a younger player on the periphery a game i reckon. He can then come back in rd23, before taking over another final series.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
True . Played that role was it last year?

But would prefer Stack and maybe Edwards the sub is my ‘two cents worth’.
If they were thinking of playing Stack back you'd think he would have played there in the VFL on Sunday, waiter.

I reckon it is doubtful he will move back now. Maybe another week off to rest his back. The VFL have a bye, so worth giving a younger player on the periphery a game i reckon. He can then come back in rd23, before taking over another final series.
I'd say this close to finals we're looking to settle the team rather than experiment. Martyn is playing the Vlastuin role at VFL level, but I can't see them bringing him in. Mansell maybe. Someone suggested Biggie but that would make us very tall down back alongside Tarrant, Balta, Godcus and Broad.

I think we'd all love to see Stack in the side and we know how good he can be at half-back. As above though, if they were thinking it surely they would have played him there on the weekend.

Reactions: 1 users