Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Powerful statement of culture. Outstanding pick up Jack.

How close is the future Shedda is talking about, scoop? Had a great game last week. Has played 300.

Shane is telling us about a future he is prepared to face.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Are you serious? Dusty crying?
The Tiger King obviously had something in his eye.
He leaves the crying to opposition players and supporters

Dustin Martin didn't cry, DA. Time did.

(FWIW Time barracked for Richmond as a child and is looking for a trade.)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Unique. Broke the mould with him. Perfect player for how we played.

Like Lambo, the reverence the playing ground holds Dimma in astounds me. I knew they respected him, I knew they played for him but I had no idea the amount of respect, love, and admiration the playing group has for him. Edwards held it together talking about everyone but couldn't even LOOK at Dimma cause he meant that much to him. He would've dropped his bundle. The culture is still rock solid.

Absolutely! The complete admiration and respect the players still have for Dimma is crystal clear. Shed's a man of few words and you could tell he wanted to move on from Dimma lest he would have broke down, but the comment "I still hang on your every word" was so heartfelt and true. Like Lablett's and everyone else's were.

The constant calling that Dimma's time is up by Stig and King Kong couldn't be more wrong from them. Again lol.

On Eddie himself. Jazz made a great point earlier. The way he's used his body to take an opponent (normally a lot bigger) body off the line of the ball is underrated.

Even with his slight frame, he just know how and when to hit. Then all of a sudden be over the ball to use his elite one touch game to set us away. Champion.

And one of the few Leysy got right over old mate Redford ha!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
How close is the future Shedda is talking about, scoop? Had a great game last week. Has played 300.

Shane is telling us about a future he is prepared to face.

Yeah, it’s him looking at the kids and thinking 80% of 2022 Shane Edwards is not close to what 2023 Judson Clarke, Tyler Sonsie, Tom Browne can produce. Don’t forget, he’s in the Recuritement team now, he knows the potential before they were picked and seen them in the club for a year. It’s a glowing endorsement on so many fronts.

Reactions: 7 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Best game of the year for shedda.

Can someone tell me why he was wearing black socks on the ground? Same as MRJ, and Bolton as well

Was not wearing black and yellow socks, just black ones.

Maybe its a brothers thing for the passing of an elder Rioli

Will probably get fined for that. AFL filling their coffers for end of year bonuses.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Yeah, it’s him looking at the kids and thinking 80% of 2022 Shane Edwards is not close to what 2023 Judson Clarke, Tyler Sonsie, Tom Browne can produce. Don’t forget, he’s in the Recuritement team now, he knows the potential before they were picked and seen them in the club for a year. It’s a glowing endorsement on so many fronts.

Is he telling us that he's aware of the possibility of a 2022 Sydney Stack, scoop? Is he telling us that it's about the now? Or MoJu and Ross playing.

Is there a mindset in RFC that everything is about 2022?

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I have two disappointments as Shedda retires.
The first was that he didn't play more half back. In 2019 his time there was granite. Stern stuff, just when we needed it. Thought he could've been AFL superstar quality at hbf, but of course he was more damaging in the square and forward.
This year was probably the year to play him back.

Second disappointment was that he didn't captain the club again.
He was outstanding as captain.
What a fine man and leader

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Is he telling us that he's aware of the possibility of a 2022 Sydney Stack, scoop? Is he telling us that it's about the now? Or MoJu and Ross playing.

Perhaps the message is focus on 22 and there is no 23.
You have 5 games left.
Savour it, soak it in and give everything you have.
It is exactly as they say in the classics Now or Nevermore

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

No I’m not convinced we are all in this year and then starting again.

Taranto suggests we don’t think we go off a cliff in 2022. Edwards is now player 16-22, he knows that. He knows that Sydney Stack is coming.

Reactions: 3 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Shane Edwards is a champion of the game off the field, with his leadership and his work with our all our boys. He seems to be so connected to all the players and has an awesome sense of humour with very good one liners. Footage of him and Rance on TV was funny stuff. Also Shane’s father was a gun footballer who had his career cut short before his prime. So playing for him slightly as well.

As for his footy it’s all be said. Champion and only Richmond people understand this.

Reactions: 6 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Best game of the year for shedda.

Can someone tell me why he was wearing black socks on the ground? Same as MRJ, and Bolton as well

Was not wearing black and yellow socks, just black ones.

Maybe its a brothers thing for the passing of an elder

I thought the “black socks” thing came up a few seasons ago and was explained at the time by players carefully folding the socks to hide the yellow hoops and make it appear like they were black.

Seem to remember Caddy giving some sort of explanation at the time and there was a bunch of players (incl Grimes and others) doing the same thing.

Can’t recall the reasoning behind it but they were wearing the official socks because - as said elsewhere - the Club would be fined if blokes wore other than the strict AFL uniform

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Great insight.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Absolutely! The complete admiration and respect the players still have for Dimma is crystal clear. Shed's a man of few words and you could tell he wanted to move on from Dimma lest he would have broke down, but the comment "I still hang on your every word" was so heartfelt and true. Like Lablett's and everyone else's were.

The constant calling that Dimma's time is up by Stig and King Kong couldn't be more wrong from them. Again lol.

On Eddie himself. Jazz made a great point earlier. The way he's used his body to take an opponent (normally a lot bigger) body off the line of the ball is underrated.

Even with his slight frame, he just know how and when to hit. Then all of a sudden be over the ball to use his elite one touch game to set us away. Champion.

And one of the few Leysy got right over old mate Redford ha!
Who is Eddie ? Eddie Betts ? He’s retired and played for another team Nobets. His name is Shedda. Wake up to yourself.

Last edited:

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Lets hope he stays on with the club in this role. You just cant let these type of guys walk out your door and more notably to other clubs.

Reactions: 1 users