Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

BISKET*12*

Tiger Rookie
Dec 12, 2005
i know it might be a little early to be making calls like these but Shane Edwards has got the tools! Other than his bad kicking at crucial stages but that will come with experience. He knows how to get to a contest and he knows were to go when he has got it, that is called vision and that is a rare comodity at Punt Road. We must fast track this kid and let him play the year out in the ones. Nice one TW!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

hopper

Vile weed!
Jul 28, 2004
Darwin
Re: Shane Edwards is the real deal!!

Fingers crossed you are right, scotch finger. It would be good to have some positives on the radar. Edwards could be one of them. Maybe we'll see some more in coming weeks, if the Burgers boys' form holds.

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing

AstuteTiger said:

I'll third that. I was very pleased to be able to nominate as his Vice President, and that he is one of PRE's sponsored players. Most impressed with the ball he managed to get out along the ground which resulted in a goal.

meltiger

Bling!
Jul 19, 2004
Altona

Chalk another one down here who is now a fan.

One passage of play I saw (Now having downloaded the game), Shane made the lead, gained space, and the player up the ground kicked the ball over his head, Shane kept his head, turned and got into the right position to put pressure on the opposition player who ended up with the ball.

Simply class. Will turn out to be a rare bargain (Given our drafting history) given where we picked him up.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

mb64 said:

Yeah until about round 13 by which time he will be one of the same old faces letting us down and you'll be calling for the dud to be sacked and for the 'youngsters' to come in.

In some ways it's good to be predicatable - no one is ever disapointed

Knighter

Do you really want the answer?
Aug 8, 2003
Melbourne

lamb22 said:
mb64 said:

Yeah until about round 13 by which time he will be one of the same old faces letting us down and you'll be calling for the dud to be sacked and for the 'youngsters' to come in.

In some ways it's good to be predicatable - no one is ever disapointed

Ripper lamby, spot on, good post, well done.

benny_furs

Tiger Superstar
Nov 26, 2006
Bundoora, Melbourne
www.redjane.com

He was much better at VFL, but that's what you'd expect of course.

He was originally projected to hit his straps in year 3 so I hope you guys don't bag the crap out of him if he takes as long as Tambling ::)

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004

I reckon if we can get 12 games into him for the year that would be a good result for him and the club.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs

I thought he played well. I'm looking forward to seeing him develop.

firebird

Fire Up.
Mar 17, 2007

His debut reminded me of Coughlan when he was just starting out. Like Coughlan back then, Shane didn't get a lot of it but read the play really well and was always near the contest. Shane will obviously play a different role but I just get the sense that something special is on the horizon. 8)

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing

An article on Shane is on the club website.

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=41789

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Jools said:
An article on Shane is on the club website.

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=41789

"missing my friends, missing Adelaide" ..........................these player thoughts should be taken into consideration when recruiting.

This is why Meyer doesn't show 100%.

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing

I think it's natural enough, it's quite a change when you're 18 to come from Adelaide to Melbourne. He does say he's over the worst of it now.

I'll be even Chris Judd found life difficult at first when he moved to Perth!

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs

They certainly aren't the first generation to have to move to play football.