Shane Tuck | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Tuck

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Story on long term effects of concussion on 7.30 last night. Shane was main case study, they spoke to his sister. Wasn't an easy watch. AFL don't come out of it well, surprise surprise, dragging the chain cooperating with independent research

Reactions: 1 users

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
Would be interested who encouraged Shane to go into boxing as that was probably the worse thing he could have done. From memory he had a bout where he was knocked out.
he was always very handy with his hands, he would often say " i'd be a boxer if i wasn't a footballer" ( easily the best boxer at the club at the time)
i know his family were not happy he went into boxing competitively after he retired from footy

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
he was always very handy with his hands, he would often say " i'd be a boxer if i wasn't a footballer" ( easily the best boxer at the club at the time)
i know his family were not happy he went into boxing competitively after he retired from footy
Yeah I think he overestimated the competition.
I’m probably the best boxer at my work too but Evander Holyfield doesn’t work there

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It's a terribly sad situation for Shane's family.

I wonder how much damage was done to Tucky in his fight career. He was knocked unconscious in his first fight, carried out of the ring on a stretcher and taken to hospital. He had another 4 fights over the next 2 years.
All the punches Shane took to his head in those 5 fights on top of the knocks he copped in his football career certainly would've had an affect on his wellbeing.

I hope the family can find some peace in whatever the coronial inquest finds.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users