sheedy & spud | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

sheedy & spud

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
I watched essendon on the box today and ben haynes played a blinder just goes to show the difference between sheedy and dudly one has the ability to get the best out of his players the other has no idea at all haynes will haunt us in years to come along with another who ran around for freo in one M Pavlich

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
I have to agree with you there Claw, Ben Haynes was terrific today!!!
Just adding salt into a very big wound called '2003 at Tigerland'

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Ben Haynes never got a proper chance at Richmond.

He is one of the best kicks going around.

It just proves Richmond finds it hard to see talent.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Yep. A couple of times the commentator highlighted how quick Essendon deliver the ball into the forward line.

On one occasion they commented about Jason JOHNSON who took a handball receive and had four steps then deliverred a precison pass to Lloyd on the leap. The backs had no hope.

At Richmond they would have taken 8 steps forward, 4 backwards, a couple to the side and then kicked it over Richo's head or 10 yards in front of him.

Seriously though we hold onto the ball far to long when going forward and stop and prop far to much when assessing our options going forward

UntamedTiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 8, 2003
I thought Ben Haynes showed alot of potential whilst at RFC. He was consitently named in the best in the VFL team, but true to Frawley's sad and sorry approach to team selection, never got the opportunity to show his talent at senior level. Of course under the guidance of Sheeds, I am sure he will at least get a fair opportunity to display it.

Over the last 20 years, the young players with promise, have generally failed to develop at tigerland. This continual failure is a constant at richmond, and whilst Frawley is at the helm, it is obvious with the last 2 weeks team selections, nothing is going to change.

IMO Frawley is not the only problem, but him moving on will be a GOOD start.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
To be fair don't forget Ben Haynes arrived at Tigerland from Essendon. This is his second stint at the bombers. Always played his footy in the forward line but the last couple of weeks he has spent time around the centre as has done fairly well. Looks like he knows this is his last chance at AFL footy and has put his head down.