Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Jibbin Shart. Will be the luckiest Tiger since Darryl Freame if carried to a premiership.

To be clearer than I perhaps was, I don't consider you a troll. But that post adds nothing to the discussion. It's needlessly derogatory to a Richmond player. It's designed to elicit a response from people who support him. It's a troll like post from a non troll poster.

I apologise for intimating you are a troll. It's the post, not the poster I have an issue with.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Hate is such a strong word. Why do some posters think that having an opinion on a player's performance automatically means they hate them? I think posters have made valid comments about Short's defensive weaknesses.It's fine to be a designated outside player but you still have to go when it's your turn and as a small outside backman you must apply pressure at every opportunity. Had 0 tackles and just 4 defensive pressure act points last game and that's a common stat for him. It's not acceptable whoever you are and will be found out in finals. He must be on notice. Still has time to rectify. He does have some unique attributes but isnt using them well atm.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I don't hate Short. Probably a terrific fella.
I just don't hold a high opinion regarding his selection and what he brings to the team
(But, of course, what would I know)

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I don't think it's ever really worked having Short and Houli in the same team. And Short hasn't come close to his best since returning, and that includes his kicking.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I don't hate Short, but I think we're a better defensive unit with Stack in the backline.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I don't hate Short either. But this is serious business, it ain't every kid gets a prize. I like him, as a depth player. ATM he isn't a walk-up start. He was badly exposed in last years finals and I've seen little evidence to suggest he can redeem himself in finals. His defensive side has improved, but it was coming off a very low base, and I'd argue his strength has deteriorated. When he was at his outside best (and defensive worst) his kicking was bankable, it aint ATM. Its solid, but not at the elite level it needs to be to compensate for his deficiencies.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I don't hate Short, but I think we're a better defensive unit with Stack in the backline.
I agree. Stack has the ability to beat an opponent. I have no such confidence with Short. He was outmarked in the last quarter on Saturday night by overly worrying about his opponent instead of watching & reading the flight of the ball. Classic example of his defensive issues.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Let's not compare Short to Stacky. He exposed how limited Houli was after about three games at half back.

Of course Stacky is a better option than Short or Houli. It's just whether Stacky is more valuable elsewhere which I think he is.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
In regard to this question I will say one thing for Jayden.

He better hope like all hell that Marlion does not crank out some big games in the next 2 weeks.

Grover as well for that matter, cos Stackie also has to come back as well as Nank and the Skipper.

Then there is also Jack Ross who may make a claim for a return dependent upon how he goes in the VFL

There are gonna be casualties a couple of unlucky players are going to miss.

Short going by his form since returning which has been poor should be in the vulnerable group along with (from Sat nights team) Butler, Soldo, Chol, Baker, Caddy, Ellis, Graham and possibly Shai but I think Shai will be ok if he plays RFC Team footy, and I also think Ellis is holding his place for now with his running power.

Marlion and Grover and Stack are the players out of the 22 right now that can take his spot.

Grahams danger is Ross and Caddy. Caddys danger is Graham and Cotchin and Ross.

Chimpa, Nank and Stack are the 3 walk up starts that return.

The push for spots alone in these areas of the ground SHOULD help the side maintain the rage over the coming weeks.

One poor game could well end the chance of seeing September action.