Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

TGM

Tiger Rookie
Apr 6, 2009
Anyone who doesn't think Short is in our top 10 players in the modern game is on crack.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
In no particular order.

Martin
Cotchin
Jack
Lynch
Prestia
Lambert
Rance
Grimes
Edwards
Vlastuin
Nankervis
Astbury
Rioli
Stack
Houli

There's 15 that are better than Jayden without any trouble.

Best get me one also.

Actually just put a bulk order in might be a few takers.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Maybe I'll get some Short branded pipes. Might fund a Grand Final ticket

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
In no particular order.

Martin
Cotchin
Jack
Lynch
Prestia
Lambert
Rance
Grimes
Edwards
Vlastuin
Nankervis
Astbury
Rioli
Stack
Houli

There's 15 that are better than Jayden without any trouble.

Best get me one also.

Actually just put a bulk order in might be a few takers.

Where’s Castagna?

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Anyone who doesn't think Short is in our top 10 players in the modern game is on crack.

Then my gear isn't working for me, TGM, because Shorty is definitely not in my best ten Tiger players. Not even in my best 22.
Maybe your gear is too damn good if you think he is ... just sayin'.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Think we can all agree that Spooker ain’t no troll.

I understand the concerns around Short. He is a poor tackler. An even poorer wrestler.

Even his kicking is strangely off (by a fraction).

But what he brings is a precise long game. Not even Houli has that. The only other guy who can roll that *smile* out is Dusty.

A precise long game late in the third quarter of a GF is where Short can break the gridlock.

Short enables game breakers further up the field. He creates space with his hoof just like titch does with his hands.

Dimma will persist and I’m glad he will.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Is this a trick? Have they renamed the VFL, The Modern Game?

If not, I think you should recant TGM.

maybe pair it back to 22 and salvage something?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Think we can all agree that Spooker ain’t no troll.

I understand the concerns around Short. He is a poor tackler. An even poorer wrestler.

Even his kicking is strangely off (by a fraction).

But what he brings is a precise long game. Not even Houli has that. The only other guy who can roll that **** out is Dusty.

A precise long game late in the third quarter of a GF is where Short can break the gridlock.

Short enables game breakers further up the field. He creates space with his hoof just like titch does with his hands.

Dimma will persist and I’m glad he will.
I'm a fan, but have also said that he needs to improve his contested work. The 666 hasn't really found him out yet, but has the potential to with fast clearances from centre bounces.
If the MC leave Stack forward, Shorty might come under pressure from Pickett who has the qualities that Short doesn't have, as well as a very good right leg.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Pickett for Short is a must happen. He brings more hurt factor both physically and tactically.

The other one is Ross for BEllis. Different players I know but I just want to save BEllis for our preseason games next year...

• Haha