Should members receive free entry to an away game to make up for the Adelaide game? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should members receive free entry to an away game to make up for the Adelaide game?

Should members receive free entry to an away game to make up for the Adelaide game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I've been thinking about this one for a while.

Most of us members paid big bucks for zero games last year. none of us complained. We considered it a donation to the club in a year that was tough on the game financially.

But assuming footy and crowds return to Melbourne within 2 weeks, and we have no further outbreaks, the Adelaide game will be the only home game we end up missing out on.

So my question is, should the club provide members entry to a replacement away game to make up for the lost Adelaide home game?

My view is yes. After paying our memberships and seeing no games last year, I think it would be a good PR exercise for the club to give something back to the members.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
It's probably an AFL call, but crowds have been down and with the state government's propensity to list exposure sites and require testing and isolation, I can only see crowds diminishing further, especially with so many teams already out of the finals race.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
It's probably an AFL call, but crowds have been down and with the state government's propensity to list exposure sites and require testing and isolation, I can only see crowds diminishing further, especially with so many teams already out of the finals race.

from the essendon website:

Towards the bottom of the article, it states this:
"With the Dreamtime at the ‘G game originally scheduled as an Essendon home game, Campbell said the club would look at the options for a replacement game or equivalent benefit for members."

In addition, there is no reason why they can't hand us entry to an away game in 2022. it doesn’t have to be this year.

Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
from the essendon website:

Towards the bottom of the article, it states this:
"With the Dreamtime at the ‘G game originally scheduled as an Essendon home game, Campbell said the club would look at the options for a replacement game or equivalent benefit for members."

In addition, there is no reason why they can't hand us entry to an away game in 2022. it doesn’t have to be this year.
i asked the same ? to richmond on twitter
looking at the rest of fixture we only have 1 MCG Away game vs Geelong
so looking at it now more likely if it happens it will be next year

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
With crowds down this looks like a no brainer to me and it doesn't affect me since I have away game access.

They should do it.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
i asked the same ? to richmond on twitter
looking at the rest of fixture we only have 1 MCG Away game vs Geelong
so looking at it now more likely if it happens it will be next year

I'm interested in going to GWS in R22. why can’t it be for games interstate as well?