Should Richmond accept asylum seekers from Collingwood? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should Richmond accept asylum seekers from Collingwood?

Should Richmond accept asylum seekers from Collingwood?

• No

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • possibly sell them a special, very, very expensive membership that prohibits them attending games

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • maybe after a decade in detention in Carlton, to ascertain if they are genuine refugees

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • make them sing Tigerland while burning an effigy of Mason Cox, and then say no

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Already, there are a flood of (at the risk of trading in oxymorons) decent Collingwood supporters renouncing their memberships.

Those who feel alienated and even persecuted by their (Eddie) Club.

Richmond is the most stable, democratic, safe and inclusive club in the whole football world.

There is going to be a flood of refugees from Collingwood. We need to stay ahead of the game.

Do we grant them asylum?

Reactions: 1 users

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Yes. If they can demonstrate an ability to eat a Granny Smith without the aid of a sharp knife and repeat the alphabet in the correct order they could be granted a temporary 'Provisional' membership at exorbitant rates with no match day entry status.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Shut the borders now FFS.

yeah I think Peggy should come out and say something like

'We will decide who comes to our club and the circumstances in which they come'

I do, however think we should maybe accept Collingwood babies, say under 6 months old and pre-teeth.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i dont reject the idea of offering support to those in need, but i do worry that we are already full.
perhaps we could pay another poorer club, say the Kangaroos or GWS, to house them on game day for an indefinite time.

• Haha

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
The mood of Richmond is wisely and rightly averse from every form of shallow or premature exultation. This is no time for boasts or glowing prophesies, but there is this - five years ago our position looked forlorn, and well nigh desperate, to all eyes but our own. Today we may say aloud before and awe-struck world. 'We are still masters of our fate. We still are captains of our souls". I cannot forecast to you the action of Collingwood. It is a riddle wrapped inside a mystery inside an enigma. However, in the days to come perhaps the Richmond and Collingwood peoples will for their own safety and for the good of all walk together side by side in majesty, in justice and in peace.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The mood of Richmond is wisely and rightly averse from every form of shallow or premature exultation. This is no time for boasts or glowing prophesies, but there is this - five years ago our position looked forlorn, and well nigh desperate, to all eyes but our own. Today we may say aloud before and awe-struck world. 'We are still masters of our fate. We still are captains of our souls". I cannot forecast to you the action of Collingwood. It is a riddle wrapped inside a mystery inside an enigma. However, in the days to come perhaps the Richmond and Collingwood peoples will for their own safety and for the good of all walk together side by side in majesty, in justice and in peace.

nice elocution Tiger Rob 'Churchill'

I would certainly donate* to a 'Save our Feathers' campaign,

but until, and after that time, I will hate them unconditionally.

*$5

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
nice elocution Tiger Rob 'Churchill'

I would certainly donate* to a 'Save our Feathers' campaign,

but until, and after that time, I will hate them unconditionally.

*$5
Meh, didn't mean a word of it. Only thing I hate more than Collingwood is the idea they fold so that I'd have to stop hating them.

Was just a laugh, butchering Churchill for the sake of a narrative. Didn't expect for one moment that it'd make it through to the 'keeper.

• Haha

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
opens up a bit of debate this one..
but No ..

Last edited:

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
''As long as they conduct themselves like Richmond people, well, off the field, everyone will admire and respect … As long as they conduct themselves like human beings, they will be all right. That's the key. “

• Haha

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
NO! I remember the Tiges getting into big trouble playing with the Pies. Took us a LONG time to get another flag.Geez even now we do not have the same rights as the pies do at the G.:eek: