Should Richmond recruit Lisa Alexander as an assistant? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should Richmond recruit Lisa Alexander as an assistant?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The amount of actual sports specific work that an AFL coach does would be less than 5% of their total work and that's mostly just an enjoyment thing.
Reckon one of the questions every prospective head coach gets asked is their opinion of the list. If the applicant says "I know Flynn Perez has played a couple of games but I was watching something else at the time," how far should they get?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Chasing the Collingwood job.

Lisa Alexander looks to create history by winning Collingwood’s senior post (paywalled)

excerpt:

Legendary netball coach Lisa Alexander says her lack of AFL experience should not count against her in her bid to create history by winning the senior post at Collingwood.

The former coach of the Australian netball team applied for the North Melbourne job last year, with the Kangaroos knocking her back in favour of David Noble.

Her name has recently been mentioned as part of Collingwood’s initial list of 92 candidates to succeed Nathan Buckley as senior coach next year.

Alexander said there were many similarities between netball and AFL.

“I can tell you I pinched heaps of drills watching Dean Laidley from the hill at North Melbourne on the hill on the way to Melbourne Phoenix training back in the day,” Alexander said on SEN.

“And having grown up playing and watching football myself, I am embedded in the game.

“I don’t see that as a barrier for me to be able to coach Collingwood.”

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Chasing the Collingwood job.

Lisa Alexander looks to create history by winning Collingwood’s senior post (paywalled)

excerpt:

Legendary netball coach Lisa Alexander says her lack of AFL experience should not count against her in her bid to create history by winning the senior post at Collingwood.

The former coach of the Australian netball team applied for the North Melbourne job last year, with the Kangaroos knocking her back in favour of David Noble.

Her name has recently been mentioned as part of Collingwood’s initial list of 92 candidates to succeed Nathan Buckley as senior coach next year.

Alexander said there were many similarities between netball and AFL.

“I can tell you I pinched heaps of drills watching Dean Laidley from the hill at North Melbourne on the hill on the way to Melbourne Phoenix training back in the day,” Alexander said on SEN.

“And having grown up playing and watching football myself, I am embedded in the game.

“I don’t see that as a barrier for me to be able to coach Collingwood.”

There's a great chance Collingwood give the job to Banger Harvey.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Gender absolutely no impediment in my mind, but lack of AFL experience is.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We need all the help we get.
bring her in.
Peggy is a star and we can turn Lisa Alexander into a star too who ever she is.
We made Leppa, Rutten, and Carcella the most wanted assistants in the comp. Why not Alexander? Who is she??