Should we stick with the new song? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should we stick with the new song?

Should we stick with the new song?

• Total voters

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Pretty annoyed with the way the club went about doing this change (no consultation with members). We have a bit of this about us in a few of our decisions (see replacement board members), but yet preach connection and community (when it seems to suit).

It doesn't feel like the biggest issue going around, but to me the song IS part of being a Richmond supporter. I associate emotionally with many lows (e.g. Geelong PF at Waverley) and some highs as well (esp. GF last year) so it feels a bit of a violation to change it in any way / shape or form.

If they came up with a digital way to swap shin/skin and then put that to a member vote I'd be much happier.

Appreciate another topic on this (http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=54175.0), but thought a poll a useful way of collecting the general zeitgeist and feeding it into the club.

To me it's OUR song, and not the club's to chose to change without involving it's >85k membership base.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I was happy to hear Gale's response last nite on the front bar.
Apparently they had been receiving a number of complaints over the years from the members. They wanted to be true to the original words and going with the new version.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So we can have the Old Song farce thread whenever they play the new version instead of the old?

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
After the game I paid attention to the new song. ( I couldn't get to the start of the game due to work)

I was very happy the way it sounded.

I had my doubts initially when I heard about the change. Now I liked it.
Everyone was belting it out. Great to hear.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Start of it still pi$&ing me off. But only thing to complain about in an awesome season so far (and maybe he umpiring I guess). Once it gets going pretty indistinguishable.

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
the shadows
Its an art crime!

Its an insult to all of us who have sung it before a game for 37 years and didn't get to sing it often after the game but kept going anyway!

The song and Richo where the best part of the club for a long time!

Give us back the old one!

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
I still hate it. I don't notice the difference on TV, but when it starts up at the ground, it's so thin and weak, I almost can't even be bothered singing along. It's got no oomph.

Back2Back

Tiger Cub
May 18, 2014
1st world problem but Tiger fans I know hating the new song
We’ve lost best theme song status

RFC should bring back the old song and digitally correct just the shin/skin word?
New song beat is too quick and the crowd can’t belt it out.