"Show new replies to your posts" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

"Show new replies to your posts"

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
I know it isn't a big deal, but there are a few topics that I really don't wanna look at anymore (ie Unscramble Famous Name, Player Name Game, Animal Game) and various (several) other threads where i posted crap in... is there a way I can remove these from this 'show new replies to your posts' list?

It might be a simple click on a button which I can't see :-\

tigericho

Dangerous if Provoked
May 21, 2005
I only open the ones that I am still interested in, then click on the Mark As Read button.

but I agree there must be an easier way.

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
yeah i use the 'mark as read' button too, but if there was an administrator option like 'stop watching this topic' it would come in handy... i can't imagine how big rosy's list would be when she clicks on 'show new replies to your posts' hehe

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha Otis I was just about to post that I never use the show replies to my posts oprion. :-[

I don't think you can select threads for that option.  If you mark them as read do you still get further replies?  I assumed they'd stop unless you posted in the thread again yourself.

Don't think I can really help sorry.

On second thoughts you can nominate threads to receive a notification when they're posted on. Maybe you could use that and ignore the other option.

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
Initially i thought that when you use the 'mark as read' option that you wouldn't see them pop up again (just based on a couple of other forums i've posted at in the past), but they keep coming back.

If there's nothing that can be done then it's no biggie, thanks anyway :)