Shut up Daffy!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shut up Daffy!!!

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
Did anyone else see that article where the one player who can easily beat Richo in the sooking stakes...Nick Daffy....was complaining about supporters yelling abuse at players.

Got news for you Nick - if you weren't so crap and soft you might have heard some nice things!!!

Thank god we got rid of that useless hack.

Bowden - you're next!!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Ahh Macca68, how enlightening it is to read such an accurate and insightful post. It truly brings a tear to my eye. ;D

Lamentable Daffy is in my opinion the most despised player ever to (dis)grace the football field in the most magnificent RFC jumper. Apart from being crap and soft, he is an arrogant *smile* to boot. But again, just yet another example of a typical recent RFC player. Has one good season, gets a massive long term contract, and does not play another decent game for the club, whilst all the time jibbing it. Then becomes such an albatross around the clubs neck due to massive contract and *smile* poor performance, that the only thing we can do is ship him to Sydney for a year where we pay the large majority of his contract and he manages to crack it for ONE game. Fair dinkim, what a joke he is.

IMO he has no right to comment on anything to do with RFC after the ineptitude and mediocrity he gave us in the last 3 years he was there.

And you're right Macca68, Joeline Bowden is next. He is hot on the heels of Daffy in the despisable stakes. I will spew if he's still at the club next year. And if he is, guaranteed he'll end up the same way as Lamentable; ie massive contract, pissweak performance.

And for everyone worried about Fiora leaving and hurting us with another side. Just have a think about how many players we've let go in recent times and come back to hurt us. Daffy? Bourke? McKee? Merenda? The only problem is we let them stay too long and by the time they go they have no currency.

Fiora may bulk up and he may improve his skill level although IMO I doubt it. One thing he won't do however, is develop a football brain. This is something that is natural in a footballer and he just doesn't have it. He is stupid footballer and that is his biggest problem. We should trade him now whilst he still has some currency.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Ridley said:
And for everyone worried about Fiora leaving and hurting us with another side. Just have a think about how many players we've let go in recent times and come back to hurt us. Daffy? Bourke? McKee? Merenda? The only problem is we let them stay too long and by the time they go they have no currency.

Well said Ridley I completely agree with that statement. Look at the players we have traded or have been delisted and picked up by other clubs in the last 10 years. None of them have gone on to be stars at their new club or play consistently good footy there

Hogg, Bond, Merenda, Mckee, Daffy, Bourke, R.Powell, Plapp, Torney, Prescott, B Young, Haynes, Poyas, Tape, Francis, Naish etc.

The only 2 players we have lost that have consistently played good footy at their new club is Maxfield and Lambert. Maxfield walked out for the Swans dollars (We got Gas out of it) Lambert had enough of mediocrity and put himself into the draft (we got nothing and I'm still not happy about that!!)

We keep players for too long based on one good season or a couple of good games. We need to be fair dinkum and trade some guys that may have a bit of value like Bowden, Fiora, Hall, Holland, Hilton. Even Richo, he's best footy is behind him and if we were offered something decent I would look at it. And if they play good footy at other clubs, good luck to them as long as we get something decent for them, I'd be happy. These players won't play any better for us so let's get some fresh faces in the place who will.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ridley said:
Ahh Macca68, how enlightening it is to read such an accurate and insightful post. It truly brings a tear to my eye. ;D

Lamentable Daffy is in my opinion the most despised player ever to (dis)grace the football field in the most magnificent RFC jumper. Apart from being crap and soft, he is an arrogant @rsehole to boot. But again, just yet another example of a typical recent RFC player. Has one good season, gets a massive long term contract, and does not play another decent game for the club, whilst all the time jibbing it. Then becomes such an albatross around the clubs neck due to massive contract and p!ss poor performance, that the only thing we can do is ship him to Sydney for a year where we pay the large majority of his contract and he manages to crack it for ONE game. Fair dinkim, what a joke he is.

IMO he has no right to comment on anything to do with RFC after the ineptitude and mediocrity he gave us in the last 3 years he was there.

And you're right Macca68, Joeline Bowden is next. He is hot on the heels of Daffy in the despisable stakes. I will spew if he's still at the club next year. And if he is, guaranteed he'll end up the same way as Lamentable; ie massive contract, p!ssweak performance.

Fiora may bulk up and he may improve his skill level although IMO I doubt it. One thing he won't do however, is develop a football brain. This is something that is natural in a footballer and he just doesn't have it. He is stupid footballer and that is his biggest problem. We should trade him now whilst he still has some currency.

Geez, Rids! You sound like a very angry young/old man !
Your head is gonna' explode if you're not careful ! Mount Vesuvius I reckon !

Having said that, I agree with you just the same. "Lamentable", "Joeline" and "Fiona" are all peas in the same old pod at RFC i.e. overrated garbage that hangs around our club for years getting over paid in the process.

Get down to RFC Ridley and assume the role of Director of Football immediately !

(Oh, and when you do, get rid of Stegosaurus, Petrified, Millstone, Hardly, Hide, Cameron Diaz, Foolihan, Burger King, Over-hall, Duncan Chumpaway etc. etc. etc. Thanks.)

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
shawry said:
You guys are a a bit harsh on Daffy I think.

I dont think so. Daffy was always too concerned he might ruin his good looks rather than go for a hard ball.
Daffy was gutless and selfish.

Richmond wouldnt get rid of Daffy soon enough. One good season and they signed him up for more than he was worth.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Althoguh he was some of htose things, he was stil la decent player and did some good things for us.

Not his fault the club signed him to a huge contract.

I thought he was good for us

Fireman_Sam

A 'non-sexual' example of the 69 position
Feb 26, 2003
Wales
Posted by: The Boss

Lambert had enough of mediocrity and put himself into the draft (we got nothing and I'm still not happy about that!!)

Carlton initally wanted to trade for Lambert and offered us a young Brett Ratten - We said nope.. :(