Silver Foxes, grey-haired all stars? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Silver Foxes, grey-haired all stars?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Idle pass the time thread.

Noticed Cotchy has a few grey hairs coming through, very distinguished look for the skipper. Got me thinking about AFL players who were going grey before they retired, wondered if I could put together a side of silver fox all-stars. I thought of a player who was a star for Golden Point when I was a kid, Desailey, completely silver grey and poweful player in the top few players in the league. Also thought of my old man who went grey very young, he was pretty grey when he retired from Golden Square as a 26 year old.

I didn't get far! A few players I reckon were going grey got out the Grecian 2000 towards the end IMO, eg Danny Frawley, but we can't prove anything. Wondering if the PRE mind could make a side. This is all I have:

Trent Cotchin (capt)
Shaun Smith
Ricky Henderson
Jim Buckley
Peter Everitt
Daniel Giansiracusa
Chris Newman
Roger Dean
Leigh Matthews
Bruce Doull

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Noticed Cotchy has a few grey hairs coming through, very distinguished look for the skipper. Got me thinking about AFL players who were going grey before they retired, wondered if I could put together a side of silver fox all-stars. I thought of a player who was a star for Golden Point when I was a kid, Desailey, completely silver grey and poweful player in the top few players in the league. Also thought of my old man who went grey very young, he was pretty grey when he retired from Golden Square as a 26 year old.

I didn't get far! A few players I reckon were going grey got out the Grecian 2000 towards the end IMO, eg Danny Frawley, but we can't prove anything. Wondering if the PRE mind could make a side. This is all I have:

Trent Cotchin (capt)
Sean Smith
Ricky Henderson
I'm not surprised that your dad went grey very young with you and easy terrorising the poor bugger ;)
Pretty sure I remember Spider Everitt going grey.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Trent Cotchin (capt)
Sean Smith
Ricky Henderson
Jim Buckley
The Gray brothers from Port are very Gray.
Hope I spelt that correctly?

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Wrong thread, I know, but he says he's a star..... did you notice the Donald today...? Ditched the blonde rinse and was rocking his giant KB comb over in grey!

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Is that real?

I went in thinking a side of silver foxes would be good, because you have to be a decent player to play long enough to go grey, Ol' CC flies in the face of that!

(I was hoping for few footy card posts, so thanks!)

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Roger Dean..... salt and pepper in his late playing days...

s-l300.jpg

And so it goes..... bit of superstardom in this pic!

CJqviHDUAAAkKIE.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012

Trent Cotchin (capt)
Sean Smith
Ricky Henderson
Jim Buckley
Peter Everitt
Daniel Giansiracusa
Chris Newman
Tigersnake, I remember the Desailly brothers playing at Golden Point, Neil and John. I can't remember if they were both grey, but the one who was the star player certainly was! Andrew Gaze from a different sport would certainly get a gig in an all-sports grey team!

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Tigersnake, I remember the Desailly brothers playing at Golden Point, Neil and John. I can't remember if they were both grey, but the one who was the star player certainly was! Andrew Gaze from a different sport would certainly get a gig in an all-sports grey team!

Neil was the one! Yep he was an impressive athlete and great player.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I'm not that observant and imagine most players would take steps to conceal it. Much more noticeable on the coaches after a couple of years in the job. Chris Scott is going for the dignified look and only partly succeeding.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Me I'm grey and hot AF a true silver fox if i don't mind saying so myself ............................. serious.

Maybe not so serious, but I am damn fine looking.

:))

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Roger Dean’s a monty for the Strong Chin All Stars too. It’s a beaut.

yeah hes got a lower mandibular like buzz lightyear!

nice thread snake.

The Silver fox all-stars will keep us from buying premiership merchandise all summer

we need to inspect some late career footy cards of

Craig Bradley (surely?), Dustin Fletcher and Shaun Burgoyne.

I reckon Lethal could have had a shake of salt too?

Our shed probably worth a close inspection and Kmac may be a smokey for the wing?

surely Jason Akermanis was platinum blonde/grey at some stage of his career?

(as an aside, anyone notice Jon Platten in the crowd at the prelim? I thought there was a Led Zeppelin final tour in town. Kudos to Jon; hes gonna go down swinging')

Last edited:
  • Haha