Simon Katich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Simon Katich

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
Congrats to Simon Katich on making the aussie cricket team he may not be a vic but he barraks for the tiges :)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
We'll have to settle for the next best thing then. It's a known fact Vics are excluded from wearing the baggy green cap.

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
Yeah noticed that, what did David Hookes say when you are handed the nsw cap you also get the baggy green in a brown paper bag . Thought Innes was unlucky much better bowler than Braken.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
WJP said:
Yeah noticed that, what did David Hookes say when you are handed the nsw cap you also get the baggy green in a brown paper bag . Thought Innes was unlucky much better bowler than Braken.

I guess the little indiscretions of one Victorian in particular have got the selectors worried about placing too many in the team ;) ;D ;D

J

jake_the_lad

I cannot believe Katich and particularly Bracken -

From a Queensland perspective, Noffke deserves a run before Bracken, and if they are not going to give Love a decent run (avg. 47) then the only New South Welshman who should be brought into the Aussie top order is Clarke. About time some youth came through.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Wouldnt have hurt Katich to make soem runs first but I guess take it as you can.

Noffke has been injured i think which is why he isnt getting a berth.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
County cricket should not be a basis of selection for the Australian team. Jsut take noticeof how crap England are and how bad hte attitude of county cricketers are over there. IT is not very professional and I would expect him to dominate. Good luck to him adn I hope he does well but I dont agree wiht his selection.

Good to see Brad Williams got his first wicket though.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
NEver saying he didnt have hte ability to succeed, jsut saying he shouldnt have been first picked in the first place. But yes kudos to him for his great effort. Was good for NSW yesterday too.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
rosy3 said:
We'll have to settle for the next best thing then. It's a known fact Vics are excluded from wearing the baggy green cap.
Apart from Shane Warne. There is no Victorian who deserves a game for Australia.

Ian Harvey is a good one day player, but isnt a test cricketer.

Just like at the Victorian line up, there are no stand outs at all.

bourkebarrotclay

Tiger Cub
Feb 29, 2004
Simon Katich is a typically lucky Tiger! Dropped after a century in his last dig. When was the last time that happened to an Aussie test cricketer? Mind you, I would have dropped Martyn, and look waht he's done. It would be great if our footy dept had the same record as the Aussie selectors.