Sir Prince Philip | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sir Prince Philip

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Not sure what the fuss is all about. Strange decision and probably a political favour, but it hardly impacts the public like East West, desal, Myki etc. Now those are reasons to be angry.

The PM isn't responsible for any of the things you mentioned. But his brainfarts have turned into brainsharts lately. There is lack of any sign of a positive vision for the country in the decisions and policies of his cabinet and many signs of a PM with his eyes firmly planted on the rear vision mirror (humming god save the queen). He might be a blessing in disguise for the republican movement.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Ian4 said:
haven't you read the last couple of pages? this is indisputable evidence (IMO) that abbott is completly out of touch with the common man (actually the phrase 'out of touch' isn't a strong enough description). i don't know how you can defend this decision with a straight face tbh.

I agree with this. Thinking about it, it is so far off the scale, I would seriously doubt the man's sanity. And even if he genuinely thought Prince Philip was deserving of the honour (by virtue of maybe knowing things the public couldn't know) if he was a half decent politician he'd have seen the absolute nonsense of it all and not done it. That he didn't should be a concern on so many levels.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Ian4 said:
haven't you read the last couple of pages? this is indisputable evidence (IMO) that abbott is completly out of touch with the common man (actually the phrase 'out of touch' isn't a strong enough description). i don't know how you can defend this decision with a straight face tbh.

Well if e.g. Cliff Richard can get a knighthood, they don't mean all that much.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
This is a handing a free kick to the opposition 10 m out directly in front. As snaps truly said, it feels good to have the nation completely united over something. Saw Flint's, royalist chief, justification of it, apparently Phil is a selfless volunteer who doesn't get paid. Astounding stuff

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
tigersnake said:
This is a handing a free kick to the opposition 10 m out directly in front.

That was reserrecting the Knighthood. Last week was awarding a free kick after a goal was scored to have another shot at scoring.

Seriously, I am trying to think of another decision made by a PM that was so universally ridiculed by everyone, including his own party. I can't think of one.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Prince Phillip tipped his car on it's side after being involved in an accident, i wonder whether they put him on the bag, i bet they didn't.
At 97 it might be time to hand his brief back.

E

easy_tiger

tigerman said:
Prince Phillip tipped his car on it's side after being involved in an accident, i wonder whether they put him on the bag, i bet they didn't.

His only been allowed a dozen G&T's a day since he turned 90.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
easy said:
His only been allowed a dozen G&T's a day since he turned 90.

It’s simply astonishing what effect a welfare state has upon the entitled.

Surely the alternate aussie PM will call for a Royal Comission. After all, didn’t Anyone But Tony, give the old Greek fart an Aussie knighthood!

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
tigerman said:

Both drivers in the accident were breath tested and were all clear.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
tigerman said:

Henry Bolte come on down.