Sir Prince Philip | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sir Prince Philip

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Bring back Knighthood's I was ok with. But I'm not happy about this. Surely there are thousands more deserving and an Australian to start with.

What are the odds of Tony knighting John Howard next year?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tony and Philip are peas in a pod when it comes to public gaffes. No surprises at the decision. Just confirms how far from reality our prime minister is. Sir Phil of Australia had better be careful the natives don't spear him if he decides to bless us with his presence. ::)

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!

Could the Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott please get back in touch with his country please?

Current events are showing that the Prime Minister is currently out of touch with his country.

Oh FFS!!!!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
MB78 said:
Bring back Knighthood's I was ok with. But I'm not happy about this. Surely there are thousands more deserving and an Australian to start with.

What are the odds of Tony knighting John Howard next year?

th-wink.jpg

Tommy H

Tiger Champion
Apr 5, 2014
Ridiculous to bring back these absurd titles in the first place. He has lost the plot completely. Worst PM ever and I mean ever.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Edmund Barton was not Australia's last serving 19th Century Prime Minister - Abbott is!

Actually, I hate to rain on your parade, but Barton became Prime Minister on January 1, 1901, so whether you believe the 20th century started in 1901 or 1900, he only ever served in the 20th century. And he was the first Prime Minister so Australia has no true "19th century" PMs. Abbott may be the first :).

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
You have to wonder if the whole thing isn't a p!ss-take at royalty, the honours list, or both. I mean, if Tony wanted to honour a British Royal in this way, surely he could have picked someone else, anyone else! What's so special about "Lucky Phil"?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Whether in agreement or not, normally the train of thought and intent is clear when the government make a decision.

Big in this case "*smile* take" is the only explanation that makes any sense.

Can't wait to see Turnbull asked to explain the knighthood for philby.