Sir Prince Philip | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sir Prince Philip

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
larabee said:
must have been as Patron of the Australian Carriage Driving Society that got Sir Prince over the line...

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/doubts-over-tony-abbotts-justification-for-prince-philip-knighthood-20150127-12yzc2.html

i hope he is questioned on this. either he deliberately misled everyone by claiming Phil is a patron to so many Australian organisations, or he just doesnt know what he is talking about. going by his track record, probably both.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Brodders17 said:
he is a smart cookie, Abbot.
he is thought to want to take Australia back to the 50s, so to counter he reintroduces titles to peoples names.
some dont like this, so to counter he gives those titles to an old royal who is prone to saying sexist, racist and just plain stupid things.

very smart.

almost as smart as his counter to claims he is sexist, by appointing 1 woman to his cabinet.

I think there's more than 1 woman in his cabinet Brodders ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
willo said:
I think there's more than 1 woman in his cabinet Brodders ;)

Just. It was a token extra womAn to counter claims about him being sexist. Of course we also have a Minister for Women :vomit

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Brodders17 said:
in his first cabinet? ;)

I thought you were talking currently.
At least he's rewarded/promoted another woman. Hopefully on merit. But no doubt if he added more, it would be put down as tokenism.
It seems we are wandering off topic.
But getting back to Sir Prince Phil the Greek. Silly decision, I agree.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
People, people , people. You all need to get past your abbott hate and see what an inspiring decision this is. This is his way of promoting multiculturalism is Australia. He is showing that even a poor little greek boy brought up from humble beginnings can make something of his life as a migrant in Australia. It shows he can rise up to the highest position...................by marrying the right person ;D

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
willo said:
I thought you were talking currently.
At least he's rewarded/promoted another woman. Hopefully on merit. But no doubt if he added more, it would be put down as tokenism.
It seems we are wandering off topic.
But getting back to Sir Prince Phil the Greek. Silly decision, I agree.
Bizzarre decision, not silly.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Abbott's deep distrust of all things scientific, this is perhaps the most disturbing aspect of his leadership.

isn't it the first time we don't have a science minister since WWII or something like that? it makes you question whether his religious beliefs are a factor in this (yet ironically the vatican wants catholics to do everything they can to combat climate change).

Baloo said:
Malcolm or Julie. That's the question.

it can't be bishop. that james hardie stuff will haunt her. turnbull (in theory) would bring them back to the centre right party they claim to be, as opposed to the exteme right that howard and abbott has taken them

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The problem is that they can't knife Toned Abs because of all the flak they gave Gillard over doing the same to Rudd. Labor would have a field day with juicy Hansard quotes from, well, everybody on the Liberal front bench.

They'd have to do a deal to get him to step down. He won't. They'll be too cowardly to challenge. So we are stuck with Big Tone til the next election, which will be funny for everyone except the country and the economy and the environment.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You know it's a major woopsie when Andrew Bolt slams Abbott for knighting ole's phil.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
You know it's a major woopsie when Andrew Bolt slams Abbott for knighting ole's phil.

i also noticed the age had a massive front page crack at uncle rupert today re his credlin comments.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
antman said:
The problem is that they can't knife Toned Abs because of all the flak they gave Gillard over doing the same to Rudd. Labor would have a field day with juicy Hansard quotes from, well, everybody on the Liberal front bench.

Evidence suggests the libs aren't overly concerned with what they said prior to the election. At least when it comes to policy.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
antman said:
The problem is that they can't knife Toned Abs because of all the flak they gave Gillard over doing the same to Rudd. YEP

Labor would have a field day with juicy Hansard quotes from, well, everybody on the Liberal front bench. YEP

They'd have to do a deal to get him to step down. He won't. YEP

They'll be too cowardly to challenge. YEP

So we are stuck with Big Tone til the next election, which will be funny for everyone except the country and the economy and the environment. and YEP

Nailed it Ant.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I dunno. I doubt the News Corp feeding frenzy is happening without any plan in place. Just start watching for the positive stories on centenders coming from News Corp to see who the eventually leader will be.

Libs' biggest ally is News Corp. They don't want to lose that support.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
I dunno. I doubt the News Corp feeding frenzy is happening without any plan in place. Just start watching for the positive stories on centenders coming from News Corp to see who the eventually leader will be.

Libs' biggest ally is News Corp. They don't want to lose that support.

well the hun is deflecting this by going gung ho at andrews re the EW link again. *yawn*

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ian4 said:
well the hun is deflecting this by going gung ho at andrews re the EW link again. *yawn*

They aren't deflecting anything when Andrew Bolt is wheeled out to proclaim the knighthood could well be the tipping point to end Abbott's career.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
antman said:

They'd have to do a deal to get him to step down. He won't. They'll be too cowardly to challenge. So we are stuck with Big Tone til the next election, which will be funny for everyone except the country and the economy and the environment.

Love it mate.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Not sure what the fuss is all about. Strange decision and probably a political favour, but it hardly impacts the public like East West, desal, Myki etc. Now those are reasons to be angry.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Not sure what the fuss is all about.

haven't you read the last couple of pages? this is indisputable evidence (IMO) that abbott is completly out of touch with the common man (actually the phrase 'out of touch' isn't a strong enough description). i don't know how you can defend this decision with a straight face tbh.