Site Updates | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Site Updates

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Would it be possible to stop the menu down the left hand side (Home; Forum; What's New; Members; etc...) scrolling with the rest of the page (on a PC)? Not a real biggy, but when I scroll to the bottom of the page, it would just be nice to be able to access the menu options without having to scroll back to the top.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Would it be possible to stop the menu down the left hand side (Home; Forum; What's New; Members; etc...) scrolling with the rest of the page (on a PC)? Not a real biggy, but when I scroll to the bottom of the page, it would just be nice to be able to access the menu options without having to scroll back to the top.
Fair point... may need to look at a new theme to achieve this - something for 2021 perhaps.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Pretty sure that's how it was before the latest updates. I don't remember having to scroll to the top of the pager to see the left hand side main menu. Now it's quite cumbersome as there is no navigation menu visible when you've scrolled down into a long thread

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Really missing the post preview. And when you @ a poster in the reply the options no longer pop up in a sub list.
Still desperate for the thread title to stay on the screen as you scroll down posts as it is easy to forget who you are reading about it.

I also miss the date and time of quotes contained within a post. It was easy to go back and read the original post which is sometimes necessary as the in-bedded quote is not in-bedded in full.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Really missing the post preview. And when you @ a poster in the reply the options no longer pop up in a sub list.
Still desperate for the thread title to stay on the screen as you scroll down posts as it is easy to forget who you are reading about it.

I also miss the date and time of quotes contained within a post. It was easy to go back and read the original post which is sometimes necessary as the in-bedded quote is not in-bedded in full.

Post preview is there
postpreview.PNG

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Try a Ctrl + F5 to refresh the page from the server rather than your cache

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Another issue... formatting options in the wysiwig toolbar are greyed out - can't format, add images etc...

qVOkb9F.png

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Twice today I’ve got a pop up ad when tapping on the notifications bell. Is this a new “feature”?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Twice today I’ve got a pop up ad when tapping on the notifications bell. Is this a new “feature”?
I've had the same thing.

I seem to have load a new part of the forum, I get a pop up ad.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I updated the template this morning - also seems that Google has enabled auto ad placement. Will check tomorrow to see what is going on.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
We've had some updates to the registration process as the site has been hammered by spam registrations. This has also led to an influx of spam to my admin mailbox.

Further to this, I will be looking to protect the site from visits from specific countries... if you are blocked from entering in future please email admin.

T.

PS. Please check that your email is correct as I've also had to notify many that they need to keep their email current.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Apologies PRE... lost the site today as we were trying to secure it from spam attacks that have been happening the past few weeks.

There may be some disruption over the next few days as we get it solved.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
When a previous post is quoted, it would be good if the date and time of the original post were included in the quote portion. Old PRE did this and it was good to go back and check out the conversation around the time of the quoted post.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
When a previous post is quoted, it would be good if the date and time of the original post were included in the quote portion. Old PRE did this and it was good to go back and check out the conversation around the time of the quoted post.
Click on the name in the quoted post and you'll be taken back to it.