Site Updates | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Site Updates

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Hi PRE,

Updates were made under the hood today.

Let me know if anything is off.

Thanks T.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Two updates have been made to the site software this morning - one an important security update.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
A minor update was made to the software forum. Let me know if you report any odd behaviour, other than posters :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Version 2.1.9 of the forum software has just been updated. Let me know of anything odd occurring.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
A security update was run this morning and completely gave me a heart attack with the site going out of wack... the good people who provide the base theme were on to it immediately. Let me know of anything odd... the first I see is that Sticky Threads and Normal Threads are separated - which I don't mind.

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
A security update was run this morning and completely gave me a heart attack with the site going out of wack... the good people who provide the base theme were on to it immediately. Let me know of anything odd... the first I see is that Sticky Threads and Normal Threads are separated - which I don't mind.

I just got a expired security certificate warning from google chrome. Obviously i pushed passed it but my PRE session is now not secured.
Has the site had a security certificate update or is it something on my end/chrome related?

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I just got a expired security certificate warning from google chrome. Obviously i pushed passed it but my PRE session is now not secured.
Has the site had a security certificate update or is it something on my end/chrome related?
Thanks DN&T,
the certificate is being updated now. The host failed to notify of a renewal.
T.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Letsencrypt is your friend, if your webhost let's you run scripts. Free and automated.

Some hosts go out of their way to stop it though as it eats into their paid certs revenue stream.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
A new FEATURED content area has been added to the main menu. Please PM me if you have any suggested content to feature.

Also, I've rebuilt all the ARTICLES area and the CAPTAIN BLOOD articles from the old PRE... I've also recovered old PLAYER INTERVIEWS.

Enjoy the read!
This might have been mentioned before but the old site had a page with all the Richmond Premiership teams, the player line-ups and the WEG poster that went with those that had them. Can that be restored or I suppose that info is available using an internet search?

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
This might have been mentioned before but the old site had a page with all the Richmond Premiership teams, the player line-ups and the WEG poster that went with those that had them. Can that be restored or I suppose that info is available using an internet search?
Thanks TigerMike,
I have those files but they need to be re-configured to be added to the current site.
I'll look at what state the files are in.
T.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

I also got that on another forum (Roon) and thought it might've been related to the Chinese cyber attack.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
If the Chinese successfully hack PRE we'll know things are really bad

• Haha

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Site back up and Running

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Apologies PRE... our host took all day to renew the security of our site (SSL Certificate)... have put in a request that we get notified when the certificate is about to expire so that we don't have this happen again.

Thanks for all your patients.

Reactions: 3 users