Site Updates | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Site Updates

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
New forum software security updates added this morning, any issues let me know.

T.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Looks like there are few issues... I should've held off until after tonight's game... trying to sort out now.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There seems to be some updates in the theme? I noticed some icons etc were either missing or out of alignment. A Shift F5 (on a PC) to force my browser to reload the page from the site (rather than use cache) brought everything back.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Looks like there are few issues... I should've held off until after tonight's game... trying to sort out now.
Menu button, top left of the screen, where I find the link to new posts, seems to be missing.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
I noticed some icons etc were either missing or out of alignment. A Shift F5 (on a PC) to force my browser to reload the page from the site (rather than use cache) brought everything back.
Similar issue with some icons. Shift F5 did nothing but re-starting the browser (Firefox) did the trick.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
It was a big software update that screwed up the templates, needed to update the templates too... if issue persists the browser needs a 'hard refresh'. Look it up based on what you are using.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
There seems to be some updates in the theme? I noticed some icons etc were either missing or out of alignment. A Shift F5 (on a PC) to force my browser to reload the page from the site (rather than use cache) brought everything back.
glad it wasn't just me. Ctrl F5 on Chrome fixed mine

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yes I was wondering about the icons too. Will look for a hard refresh as Shift F5 didn't work for me. Hard refresh should work as it will clear the cache.

I'm on windows using Firefox.

DS

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Just came on and had same problems as others described. Control F5 seems to have done the trick.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Some changes and I think I am using the same theme.

Typeface looks a little different, and a few icon changes.

Tried Ctrl F5 and didn't work so cleared the cache and history, that worked.

DS

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Some changes and I think I am using the same theme.

Typeface looks a little different, and a few icon changes.

Tried Ctrl F5 and didn't work so cleared the cache and history, that worked.

DS
Need to do a 'Hard Refresh' look it up for your device.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Logos/icons are not loading.
1602213905322.png

The quote reply feature seems different - have we lost the ability to preview a post? When you are reading a post with a previous post contained/embedded within, the posting time of the inbedded post does not appear which makes it hard to go back and find it if you want to.

It would be good also if the thread heading stayed at the top as you scan down the posts. I often forget who i am reading about even though clicking on the thread a few seconds earlier.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
As I posted above, all seems to be working OK for me now but cam back to ask a couple of questions:

- Is there a reason the site has to be set up for American spelling? Which is not actually the recognised, official Australian lexicon. (See there's an example right there. 'Recognised' gets the red underlining when it is correct English spelling!) This really irritates me. We are not Americans; nor am I and Anglophobe. It's just what is our correct, official language, and what isn't. It involves a vast number of different spellings, google if you are not sure.

- 2nd concern is a minor one, literally. Like a lot of modern websites, the technos seem to keep downsizing everything, probably to squeeze ever-smaller icons etc onto the page. This trend is the opposite of what is friendlier for one's eyesight as we age. The way it all seems to be shrinking gets to be a bit of a pain. I can cope but it just gets annoying.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Need to do a 'Hard Refresh' look it up for your device.

Tried the hard refresh, nothing happened :(

Clearing the cache and history is the same thing so went for that option instead.

No idea why the hard refresh didn't happen, bloody IT, about as reliable as a 1970s Morris.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
ignore feature not working great on Android using Chrome. Im seeing posts from people on my ignore list, but its still hiding the posts if someone quotes them.

@Mr T.

Last edited: