Skiing near Melbourne. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Skiing near Melbourne.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Hi

We are coming down from the GC to visit family at lakes entrance and watch Richmond v Adelaide.
As Gold coasters my kids have never seen snow.

Anyone got any knowledge of family budget ski resorts near Melbourne?
I’ve read about lake mountain and mount baw baw.

Any advice?

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
DDT, if you’re driving and at Lakes Entrance, I suggest the NSW ski fields.

Give me a PM re timing and I will offer some suggestions.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
DirtyDogTiger said:
Hi

We are coming down from the GC to visit family at lakes entrance and watch Richmond v Adelaide.

Any advice?
If your at Lake Entrance it’s not too far to get to snow heading towards Dinner plain/ Hotham . I’ve driven from Lakes Entrance to Wangaratta thru winter a few times and there’s always snow on the Lakes side of the mountain.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
DirtyDogTiger said:
Thanks Bernie.

NO WAY am I driving from the GC to Melbourne.
Those days are behind me.

I’ll pm you

Looooong Drive from GC to Melbourne with kids :hihi :hihi

Smart move Double Dee

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Mr Brightside said:
If your at Lake Entrance it’s not too far to get to snow heading towards Dinner plain/ Hotham . I’ve driven from Lakes Entrance to Wangaratta thru winter a few times and there’s always snow on the Lakes side of the mountain.

Thanks Mr B

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Dunno what it's like now but if you just want to show the (young) kids snow rather than doing the full skiing thingthen Mount Donna Buang may be an option. Out near warburton and Healsville isn't far away which is good value. Obviously this is just an option for a day trip while you're in Melbourne propr.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
DDT. My life's lament is that footy and skiing overlaps. The only plus of those two passions is that for the last three decades as the Tigers seasons have imploded I can have been abe to make the most of the magnificence of our alps under snow

Early July ialmost assuredly will not give you any snow atDoon Buang, Lake Mountain or evenBaw Baw...sorry but climate change or natural weather cycles depending on which side of the fence you sit on have long ago seen to that.
MT Buller with its snow making capacity is the best chance but it is not feasible to get there from Lakes Entrance for a day trip. Suggest you go to Mamsfield and go up from there .. One hour... For a full alpine experience. If you want to know more just send me a note throug PRE.
When you mentioned those dates I realised I will be missing the crows game as will be at Buller with wife's grandchildren... Oh what a leather patch Range Rover driving wanker I am.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
When I saw the title of this thread , I expected it to be a pisstake of the Melbourne Demons

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
DirtyDogTiger said:
Hi

Any advice?

Best start to winter since 2000 so there is good snow cover at Lkae Mountain and Baw Baw...as well as the major resorts. Certainly enough to make a memorable first time experience. More snow predicted later in. Week and over weekend.