Small forward crisis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Small forward crisis

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I think if Rioli and George get back to their best , with arts ,

Then with quality mids that can rotate through there like Bolton , Edwards , Lambert ,

It shouldn’t be an issue ,

but it is because of the first point and the injuries to the mids .

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Tyson Stenghle going well in tough small forward role, even in a struggling Adelaide team.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
lol Exhibit A has one good game nek minit hes the best thing since sliced bread!

been happening a lot lately.

people sucked in a lot during this click bait era.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Some posters jumping at shadows here in a beat-up? Haven't seen anyone claiming any hyperbole except the ones attacking imaginary posts! All anyone said was he had a good game; maybe his best so far.
For the record, my view is he was inevitably going/wanting to return home, especially with Crows probably offering him overs compared to the coin we had him on. They see him as the replacement Eddie and last night he showed me that I think he can make it. Not to that level but to be a handy SF.
Not sure what we even got for him but no doubt not much because a) mostly just VFL games with us and b) a surplus of SFs then (those were the days). :p

Probably smart trading by crows.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Could Dow do the role? Looks quick, good in tight and a knack for kicking a goal. Might be worth a go.
Possibly the concern with both Dow and RCD is that they are still too light, especially Dow listed at 182/76kg only. Maybe not ready to handle the crunching tackles SFs and mids are going to cop. RCD is better at ~190/89kg but could be his tank as others have surmised.

I wonder if we could still risk debuting the latter against GCS with Cotch back in, and give the vital Bolton a well-earned rest? I know the Suns are a much-improved side but we really should be able to handle them comfortably even without Shai.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Possibly the concern with both Dow and RCD is that they are still too light, especially Dow listed at 182/76kg only. Maybe not ready to handle the crunching tackles SFs and mids are going to cop. RCD is better at ~190/89kg but could be his tank as others have surmised.

I wonder if we could still risk debuting the latter against GCS with Cotch back in, and give the vital Bolton a well-earned rest? I know the Suns are a much-improved side but we really should be able to handle them comfortably even without Shai.

Leon I’ve watched many of their games.
I reckon they could worry us and unless players ..
1. Need a rest
2. Advised by the fitness staff
3. Carrying more than just a niggle, I wouldn't rest really anyone.

We have a 9 day break.
Freshen the players that need it with a lighter load, recovery and train the others & players wanting to impress with a good hit out session(s).
GC will be no pushover.

Hope I’m wrong.
Cant afford any more let ups till we meet WC & the Cats.
Got to keep winning with our best troupes available.

Just my 2 bobs worth opinion.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Sure you make valid points, W, but although we have a lovely 9-day break now, we have had a difficult run with matches in quick succession, a bit of travel, and a tough one from Poort.
Shai has stepped up superbly as you've probably seen from our website today:

"Bolton, thriving in his new midfield role within the Tigers’ line-up, is ranked 12 times in the top five of 19 specific categories (three times as No. 1).

Only champion midfielder Dustin Martin, 14 times (three as No. 1), is ahead of Bolton."

But it can easily be forgotten that he's still just a kid of 21 and 175cm/77kg. I still argue we should give a nice, long break now in readiness for those tougher games to come, on the proviso Cotch is back. I'm secretly hoping Nank and Big Dave too perhaps after this break.
I don't want to see Shai pushed so hard that he breaks down at this point; he is so important now. Don't want to strain those magnificent leg muscles you see below!!

No, I rate GCS now but I watched their game against the Doggies who did struggle to get over them. I can't stop myself from this line of thinking - we belted the Dogs, so surely can handle the Suns?
Noticeably other competitors like Geesook and the Skunks are resting some key players now.

But, it's a risk. Logical thinking was that Brisbane beat Poort; we beat them; so should have managed to get over PA.
Doesn't seem to always work like that!

PS - Do want to see RCD and Markov get to play though.

mXPdgifI.jpg

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Leon I’ve watched many of their games.
I reckon they could worry us and unless players ..
1. Need a rest
2. Advised by the fitness staff
3. Carrying more than just a niggle, I wouldn't rest really anyone.

We have a 9 day break.
Freshen the players that need it with a lighter load, recovery and train the others & players wanting to impress with a good hit out session(s).
GC will be no pushover.

Hope I’m wrong.
Cant afford any more let ups till we meet WC & the Cats.
Got to keep winning with our best troupes available.

Just my 2 bobs worth opinion.

Agreed no time for trials now its run home stuff.

The GCS and Drugs both have danger elements to them and are somewhat banana peel games.

Dropping either of those should not happen if we are fair dinkum but if we drop one we must pretty much win every game after.

We can only allow one loss from here to be serious contenders for a top 4 spot there is way too m any teams in line and we are going to be meeting 2 of them.