So who’s the 22 for rd 1 ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

So who’s the 22 for rd 1 ?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I'd get Fredericks in as our 2nd ruck. She'd be a lot harder at the contest than Chol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Just a matter of whether we go with our strongest team - 21/22 premiership players + Caddy - or select a few with an eye to the future.

It's good that this is our biggest problem after three flags.

Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Backs: Astbury Grimes Vlaustin

Half-Backs: Baker Balta Short

Centreline: McIntosh Bolton Caddy

Half-Forwards: Cotchin Reiwoldt Edwards

Forwards: Castagna Lynch Martin

Followers: Nankervis Graham Prestia

Interchange: Lambert Rioli Pickett Broad

Emergencies: Aarts Ross Dow Chol

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW

Followers: Nankervis Graham Rioli

Interchange: Lambert Green Pickett Broad

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Followers: Nankervis Graham Rioli

Interchange: Lambert Green Pickett Broad

Big call. Green to go on the list and Prestia doesn’t come up for Rd 1.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Not saying you are wrong but how would that work? Aarts is purely a forward but Pickett is a winger/defender. They’re not directly interchangeable. If that change does happen who goes back to cover Pickett’s spot?
Caddy plays on a wing

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
In: Aarts & Caddy
Out: Broad & Houli

Grimes, Astbury and Balta can handle the key back positions

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If Prestia is fit from the GF its easy.

In - Caddy

Out - Houli

I still can't trust Chol and his form thus far does not warrant a game.

Reactions: 4 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The first two games (not looking beyond two), look very very winnable and more so as each day passes.
Not sure that we will pick our best team early. Expect instead one, which will take advantage of our very strong list.
This will be a long hard season with changes to the length of the season and to the length of quarters and rotations all likely to impact on soft tissue injuries in particular.
Rather than our best the greater need at this point is to protect older players getting over injury like Lambert and Prestia and blood younger players who given the opportunity, may be great.
From our premiership team maybe Lambert, Prestia and certainly Houli will miss. Aarts, Caddy and Collier-Dawkins or possibly Chol to come in.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I would give Lambert & Prestia an extra week off and play RCD /Dow / Ross

If we dont give these kids games against teams like an undermanned Carlton with injuries then when do we get games into them

We need to get these guys to 20-30 games

Reactions: 3 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
What's the chance Dion doesn't get up and we throw Riley in.....? No disrespect to the blues, but if we can win the GF a man down, surely we could beat this mob if he's a tad overawed!

Outs : Houli (inj) Prestia (inj)
Ins : RCD (debut) Caddy (redemption)
Maybe its over analyzing things (the core existence of this group :) ) but I reckon Riley is still some distance away from playing game 1. I though he was blowing hard in the 3rd after being on the ground for less than 5 min. Some good signs with his contested football but think his tank is a mile off (happy to be proven wrong). I would have Ross in front of him at this stage.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Injuries will dictate when the kids will get their chances. We would also err on the side of caution with the injuries and probably wait a week longer before clearing a player to return. Say give Prestia one more week for example.

We open the season v Carlton then a 10 break to Hawks then 6 days to Sydney at the MCG then another 6 to Port @ Adelaide. So would expect some management over these shorter breaks leading up to Port. There is then another 6 day break to Saints.

Series of tough games Port - Saints - Demons - Bulldogs - Geelong - GWS then Brisbane in Brisbane. Bonus is they are at MCG or Marvel in between Port and Brisbane

The AFL in its wisdom has not released days and times from round 7 onwards at this time so hard to guess starting 22 management past then.

Adelaide and Essendon before the bye then to Perth v West Coast after the bye and we start getting ultra serious. We travel post bye 4 times to Perth twice Gold Coast and Sydney (also Geelong if you count that as travelling)

Be interesting how we manage the playing list this year. If the kids all come on it would be a nightmare selection task for finals.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He looked good on Friday night at the ground. Covered distance really well. He was being rotated thru wing half forward and halfback with Kmac and Cads. I think this is how they are going to cover Houli The oppo coach would have no clue where they were playing. All three have ver good defensive and offensive running.
From what Marlion showed us in the 2019 GF, I want to see more of him in the midfield.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Didn't realize we were off to Geelong. .... we should take our last 3 cups on tour since they have so graciously helped us win 'em!:cool:

The draw does not have the details just we play Geelong in round 19ish and Geelong is noted as the home team.

Probably have to play them at Geelong so we can stop them whining