Socceroos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Socceroos

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Mitch Duke is living on the coat tales of a fluke goal in a world cup that won us the game. Hasn't done anything before or after.

Arnold continues to pick his favourites. Arnold continues to put us to sleep.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Mitch Duke is living on the coat tales of a fluke goal in a world cup that won us the game. Hasn't done anything before or after.

Arnold continues to pick his favourites. Arnold continues to put us to sleep.
Yeh, he's not up to the level. Misses too many good opportunities. But that's what separates the good for the very good from the elite. Duke is a good footballer.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
neither will Miller, made the foul for Son's free kick as well as the penalty. Showed his inexperience in both instances.
i dont know if he is actually a good footballer, but it would be great for the Socceroos if Miller could take ownership of one our full back spots- he appears to have a rare combination of size, speed and power.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
i dont know if he is actually a good footballer, but it would be great for the Socceroos if Miller could take ownership of one our full back spots- he appears to have a rare combination of size, speed and power.
Yeah, right back has been an issue for us for a long time although Atkinson looked good this tournament. Behich was great at LB but he is getting on in years.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Duke is a workhorse player, but surely we can move past having players who just try really hard and run a lot, I thought Yengi offered a lot in his limited mins as brings a lot of height and skill.

Was Atkinson's best game as a Socceroo, him coming off changed the game. I think Ryan Strain is the best option for RB moving forward though. I like Miller, that game will make or break him, I hope he rebounds and it turns out to be the making of him though.

Behich was very good for the tournament, but surely with Jordy Bos and Jacob Farrell there are options to start to phase him out and replenish.

Boyle has the most fascinating haircut in the team, but injuries and age are robbing him of his pace. He got to play in a major tournament, time to phase him out.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
At the beginning of the tournament. What odds would one have got on Jordan making the final or winning the Asian Cup?

Always been a reasonable team in the relative context of AFC circles. But wouldn’t have been highly fancied for this tournament.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
All the heavyweights are out, except Iran... disappointing for us, this was a tourney we could have one if we got past Korea.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
All the heavyweights are out, except Iran... disappointing for us, this was a tourney we could have one if we got past Korea.
Iran the most consistent team in this tournament from start until now. Very much deserve the cup. But it’s a funny game. The cookie might not crumble that way.

South Korea very disappointing. A lot of talk in Korea that on paper this is perhaps their strongest ever generation of players. Not just the first squad, but players in the national system more generally. They had flashes of individual brilliance. But so flakey regarding consistency.

Also a lot of talk in the Korean media that perhaps Klinsmann not the right coach for them. And that was before this tournament even started. That feeling been brewing for a while.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Iran the most consistent team in this tournament from start until now. Very much deserve the cup. But it’s a funny game. The cookie might not crumble that way.

South Korea very disappointing. A lot of talk in Korea that on paper this is perhaps their strongest ever generation of players. Not just the first squad, but players in the national system more generally. They had flashes of individual brilliance. But so flakey regarding consistency.

Also a lot of talk in the Korean media that perhaps Klinsmann not the right coach for them. And that was before this tournament even started. That feeling been brewing for a while.
Your point even more relevant now Angry, with Iran eliminated by Qatar. Looks like I jinxed them, like I did Iraq earlier in earlier comments.

Spoke too soon regarding both Iran and Iraq looking the best form teams in the tournament, only to be eliminated by less fancied opponents.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Won't be long until the AFC Confederation is renamed to LIV Football