Something "Good" the club has done for you as a supporter.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Something "Good" the club has done for you as a supporter....

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Bit of club bashing going around now and again, so I'm changing the tone slightly...asking the question
"What is something above and beyond that the club has done for you as a supporter"

I'll throw my story in.
I was overseas in 2000 and was due to come home for a weeks leave, during that leave I really wanted to see the tige's play. Anyhoo, I contacted the club and just asked if they could hold a ticket for me and I'll drop in and pay/pick it up when I arrived in Melbourne. Imagine my happy surprise when I got home and found 2 gratis tickets in the (snail) mail fore me! Tige's lost and ruined my weekend...but that's another story

So, only a small, even trivial example...but I am still thankful, and remember it to this day!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
When the bushfires devastated our shire with a massive loss of life and property the Club gave me a few signed leather Sherrins to give to people (mainly from PRE from memory) who had been impacted. A small gesture that meant heaps to those who'd lost everything.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
My wife bought a jumper over the phone for me for our 20th anniversary more than a decade ago. The lady at the Tiger Den organised to have it signed by the whole team. It takes pride of place on my study wall.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
bairdy380 said:
Bit of club bashing going around now and again, so I'm changing the tone slightly...asking the question
"What is something above and beyond that the club has done for you as a supporter"

I'll throw my story in.
I was overseas in 2000 and was due to come home for a weeks leave, during that leave I really wanted to see the tige's play. Anyhoo, I contacted the club and just asked if they could hold a ticket for me and I'll drop in and pay/pick it up when I arrived in Melbourne. Imagine my happy surprise when I got home and found 2 gratis tickets in the (snail) mail fore me! Tige's lost and ruined my weekend...but that's another story

So, only a small, even trivial example...but I am still thankful, and remember it to this day!

Was home from overseas earlier this year, and wanted to see the Adelaide practice match at Etihad. I wanted to know if my international membership would get me in, so I contacted the club about it. They said as it is a non match access membership, it wouldn't, but they would happily provide me with 4 tickets for me and my family.

An unnecessary but thoughtful, and much appreciated, gesture.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
My kids are off to Punt Road for the 4th year running now to do a footy clinic and autograph session with their heroes. For all the yearning of football of old, this kind of stuff never happened when I was a kid.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Had an unusual issue getting into the game on Wednesday night which was neither my fault nor the club's. Happy to say it was all sorted out within a couple of days... 10/10 for customer service. Thanks to Troy and the membership department.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
after winning the 2017 premiership, the very first game in 2018, after carlton was 5 goals up in the first qtr. I stood up and yelled out "Come on carlton is that the best you can do".

I still have that attitude. Thank you Richmond.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Made sure a 9yo 10year member has a night to remember at his first live AFL match.

Thanks again Richmond