Sound the alarm series - Grand Final Coaches Box footage | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sound the alarm series - Grand Final Coaches Box footage

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I saw his on the AFL website today, and loved the access you get into the coaches box for the grand final.

I've never been in a coaches box before, so have nothing to compare it against, but Dimma's understanding of his opponent, the trends of the game etc is outstanding.
He's calling out what Geelong are going to do at each stage of the game as they're doing it. It's pretty fist pumping stuff. It also showed there's a healthy degree of respect
and not a lot of animosity (as is perceived) between Scott and Dimma.

Worth a look if you haven't seen it:

Reactions: 9 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
yeah it's very good, seemed like they were showing some more technical insights than the 2019 one which was just "raise the fight".

I liked how when Gablett went down, Scott said "assume he's not coming back in, what do we do."

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
In fact Salty had to ask Grigga what we were likely to do with DTLD :rotfl2

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Salty reckoned we were "sh!tting ourselves" and "lets do them slowly" :rotfl1

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
In fact Salty had to ask Grigga what we were likely to do with DTLD :rotfl2
Yeah, that was one of a few moments that really stood out for me.

"Hey, ask Grigga what they're going to do next?" vs Dimma's insights - This is how Geelong will structure up next.
Our forward scouting reports are bang on target and Dimma understands and remembers them perfectly and/or he has an amazing
feel for the game.

The other one was "They're shitting themselves here guys"........ 2 hours later, we can see who the most composed was.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Dimma always talks about Richmond. Salty and Cameron before him always talk about Richmond too.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Fan-smilein'-tastic. What a master coach Dimma has become.

Feeling fired up, might watch the granny.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
I’ve read so much *smile* about how Sir Damian is tactically inept on here over the years, that it was all LeppaCella. Must admit I half fell for it. I think that puts that to bed.

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
20210505_151033.jpgIts toooo good not to post this again.
How angry is that fkwit that we have won another flag.
He is thinking of a way of taking the flag off us.

Reactions: 10 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I love these threads. :rotfl2

Hardwick says anything: Genius!

Scott says anything: Hopeless!
No you’re right. Scott was spot on when he said that if Menegola kicks the goal “we win”. He was also right when he said he was happy to do us slowly.

He’s got it all over Dimma.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
He's the off-field leader of a football side, what do you want him to say?

"Don't even worry about watching this kick, we're stuffed boys, see you in the bar".
It's false confidence, not leadership.

Happens on this forum at times. The more a person needs to be right, the less certain they usually are.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Asking Grigga for his Richmond insight would be one of the reasons they employed him, so can't really see that as a knock on Scott.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I see it as a guy trying to keep his crew invested in the game in case they can pull off a miracle.

Hardwick does similar things in the second quarter. In fact there are huge similarities with everything they both do, posing questions to assistants, managing the emotions in the box and reinforcing the pre-planned structural scenarios.

It's two very effective coaches in action.
So the coaches are the same. We'll add that to recruiting is the same, tactics are the same, game feel is the same. Oh and Emma really serves no purpose.

I guess all that's left as the deciding factors between the teams are the Sports Scientists and luck.

Reactions: 1 user