Sport927 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sport927

A

admin

On Demonology they are discussing a recent program of Demon Radio.
Does anyone know if Tiger Club Corner starts on the radio tonight?
Might be worth checking out to see.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
This was posted on bigfooty by TheFoxhat:

The Richmond club corner starts tonight at 11 pm or after the last race on sport 927 in melbourne
It's on every monday night in the footy season.....
If you like you can call 9347 3477 or for interstate people you can call on toll free (cost of a local call ) on 1300 652 927 ...

Or if ya can't listen to the radio go to www.sport927.com.au
& listen on line.....

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
First of all whats Bigfooty?
Next what is the format for this show?? Do they have players in or 'experts' talking about the Tigers with mostly Tiger fans as talkback??
I have never heard of Bigfooty I have heard of the Tigers radio thing just always forget to listen, same with the show they have on ch31

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Did anyone listen to 3aw tonight? Did they talk about us at all? I always forget to listen to that too :(
Heard some Geeelong fan mouthing off at work today to some flogpies fan about how easy is your draw "and ya get Richmond first up you luck bastards ya will kill 'em" Well this fired me up immediately and I said 'Your fn jokin aren't ya"??? "You want 10 bux on that"??
And another Tiger fan took exception to this bloke and so put a fiver on it... later I learn this blokes been mouthin off all over the place and stands to lose a couple of slabs! Smarmy bastard
GO TIGERS!!

PS cool thanks TG :)

F

Froars Mk II

Yes, someone at my work is a little short lately. After slagging the Tiges for about a year to me - i told him to put his money where his mouth is. He's been buying my membership for the last 5 years. That's the last time he'll bag the tiges ;D

A

admin

Aswell as Bigfooty there is also www.aflhq.com Td

It is funny watching the two sites have a war between posters, and admins etc. Both seem to have had a very similar facelift by some coincidence too, ha.

Club corner wasn't that crash hot last year, though I still wouldn't miss it. It usually has a player as a guest, but last year, probably so they didn't cop abuse for the crap season, they didn't appear too often.
It usually has Danny's press conference, a Coburg update, a bit of goss and news, and some pretty ordinary talkback callers, ha.
They are very quick on the eject button if anyone says anything slightly controversial.
It's been fun over the years to listen to club corner and chat in the chat room at the same time.

A

admin

My computer kept dropping of the station last night.
Was there any important info on club corner to share?

Danny said Dutchy is on track for a round 4 return through the VFL.

He gave Pettifer a pretty good wrap.

Tiger TV isn't on channel 31 this year, which is good news for country people. It is exclusively on foxfooty (I think)

I don't think Charlie the pieman got a guernsey on talkback, but looks like we'll have to listen to the saga of Billy's lovelife agaion this year, ha.

Best part was hearing the song at the end.
Can't wait to hear it again late on Friday night. ;D

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I caught a bit of Spud discussing some of the new boys in Fleming and Nichols.

On Fleming, Danny said he had a "triffic" preseason but unluckily broke his wrist in the intraclub match. He was back training. Return date???

On Billy, he made reference to his preperation is a lot better than it used to be??I assume this meant he was a lazy bugger at Hawks and this prob led to his constant injuries. But gave him a wrap as a forward, possibly a pinch in the middle.

Missed the rest..

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Tiger TV not on Channel 31 this year? Is that right? I thought they mentioned it in the last Fighting Tiger. Must have misread it. Damn.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
My sentiments exactly Dean.

You didn't misread anything. It was advertised as Channel 31, but on Club Corner last night they said it was now on Channel 14 on Foxtel (I think that's right).

Is it just me who gets frustrated with the way things are going? I just want to follow my team, but it seems you have to pay a price for the privilege. If you want to hear an interview or see something you have to hand over your money.

Unless you draw the line somewhere, how much is enough, or too much to follow your team?

A

admin

TigerTV is on Wednesday nights at 7pm.
I don't know why it changed from channel 31, but I think there was a very limited audience there. It was really only accessible to people well within Melbourne limits.
I know people who consider themselves as living in Melbourne and people in geelong couldn't get it.
PayTV certainly brings it to a wider audience.
Free to air coverage sounds good to me, but really has a very limited audience appeal so probably wouldn't be viable.
I've never seen an episode of TigerTV so am looking forward to it.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
RR I think Danny sort of fumbled his words a little there regarding Nicholls, but what I took it to mean was that his 'preparation' has been alot better this pre-season then the last two or so(where he had been injured for most of both), but your explanation could very well be true I was a bit confused by the way Danny said that.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Oh that's not fair why did they have to go on put it just on foxtel? Not happy. So for those of us whose fathers are too stingy to get foxtel (not naming anyone of course) get nothing. Bloody Hell I'm really annoyed at this. I can't watch tiger tv now, I can't listen to tiger club corner because it's on too late, I can't see any of the interviews etc on the website. :mad: :mad: :mad:
ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!