Sport927 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sport927

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Oh that's not fair why did they have to go on put it just on foxtel? Not happy. :mad: :mad: :mad:
ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Ditto TG.

I too don't see the logic in removing a program from free to air to widen the audience :p. Channel 31 is run by students at RMIT. I would have thought TIGER TV would have been one of their most watched programs.

A

admin

Rosy - wouldn't Channel 31 be available to a wider audience than Fox?

I dunno Deano, was just assuming. I rang Channel 31 once to ask if it was available in our area, and was surprised at the small they told me it covered.
I was assuming Fox would cover a greater audience because it's Australia wide.
Also people who have Fox are probably footy minded anyway, whereas the majority of Melbourne mightn't be that interested in Richmond, hard to understand as it is, ha.
I'm happy to tape the show if anyone wants, but it probably wouldn't be relevant by the time a full tape was posted.

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
It's crud that they are moving Tiger TV. :mad: I have family who live 65k's from the CBD who can get CH31. The reason most people can't get it, is because they don't know how to tune their tv or have a decent arial.

I know a little about CH31 and you can get away with a start up cost for around 300 bucks per episode. Richmond must have some sponsorship deals through FOXTEL, because the overheads would cost 1000's. The might of the corporate dollar wins again.

An interesting fact was that the ratings for CH 31 are usually an asterix. That means that they are too small to measure. However, things changed on the quater hour ratings breakdowns on occasions during their newsline program. Coincidentally, the show following newsline was TIGER TV. Thus TIGER TV was the turn-on factor and it's nice to know it has a real audience.

Moving away from that, I find it difficult to listen to SPUD on 927 and the show in general. It's basically the same spin doctored rubbish every week, combined with the same talk back calls. And if anyone asks a tough question, it is quickly dismissed. It is really week radio - but what would 927 care, as long as they get their money from Richmond. In other words the whole show is nothing more than a paid add.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Gotta say I am very confused by all of this.

In 2002, Foxtel had a CLub show called Tigerland hosted by Dragga. Channel 31 had tiger TV to cater for the free to air market. I know the Club was trying to get someone to sponsor Tiger TV - eg. naming rights - like the TAC did in its first year.

Maybe Foxtel has said they will sponsor it if its on Foxtel. But what happens to Tigerland? Or maybe the people putting Tiger Tv together cannot afford to do it anymore?

Personally, I am disappointed (even though poor Tiger TV was woeful at times) this was a very unique market the Club had and now it's gone. Strange very strange

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
TIGER TV can't be over money. A lamington drive at a country kindergarten could raise the money to cover it.

It would be about FOXTEL forcing the market their way in return of a sponsorship package.

I'm calling the club, and lettin them know (politely) what I think.

"BRING BACK FREE TIGER TV"