Sports Quiz | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sports Quiz

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Is this a trick question Td? I can only think or maroon too. Did they have a different jumper and change to the maroon version?

Following the stepping in of an administrator at Fitzroy, and the clubs scuttling of a merger with North Melbourne, the Fitzroy Lions and the Brisbane Bears merged on the 1st November 1996 to become the Brisbane Lions. The new team adopted the old Fitzroy pre-season jumper with the red reverting back to the original maroon, a colour, along with the gold, common to both clubs and a new song to the music of Fitzroy's old song, the French National Anthem.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Yeah I realise that TC but that quote said the maroon on the merged team's jumper was common to both the Bears and Fitzroy.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
The original colour of the Bears wasn't bloody maroon!! Sure, for all intents and purposes it looks like maroon but maroon was not what the colour was called!

Fitzroy were maroon. The latter guernseys were red only because of the advent of colour tv.
Remember their song.... We are the boys from old Fitzroy we wear the colours MAROON and BLUE! No mention of red there. ;)

But this is not about Fitzroy it is about the bloody Bears! Gold and ......????
Bugger it... it starts with C!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
how pedantic is this Tigerdog.

BROWN was the colour coz Hawk supporters were complaining it somehow clashed with their colours.

Can I say CLARET ?

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
TigerForce said:
how pedantic is this Tigerdog.

BROWN was the colour coz Hawk supporters were complaining it somehow clashed with their colours.

Can I say CLARET ?

Ok than chief it was brown. You win. Ask away. ::)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tigerdog said:
Ok than chief it was brown. You win. Ask away.  ::)

I haven't been reading this thread and maybe that's a good thing.  I'm lost.  Were they brown or not Td?

Tigerdog said:
That's the thing, They weren't maroon or brown!!!!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
rosy23 said:
Tigerdog said:
Ok than chief it was brown. You win. Ask away.  ::)

I haven't been reading this thread and maybe that's a good thing.  I'm lost.  Were they brown or not Td?

Tigerdog said:
That's the thing, They weren't maroon or brown!!!!

TD, can we confirm for a 3rd time if it was CLARET ?? :rofl

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
It is not chocalate or cardinal either.
In the dictionary this colour is described as >> mauve-tinged, cherry red.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
:clap Well done Rosy :clap

Thank god it is now your turn to ask the questions. :beer

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tigerdog said:
:clap Well done Rosy  :clap

Thank god it is now your turn to ask the questions.  :beer

WHAT ?? Cerise is PINK !!!

Where did you get your dictionary from TD ? :rofl :rofl

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Not sure, it is an old Concise Macquarie was printed in 1985 and weighs 1.3kg's.