Spuds View on the Sydney Game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Spuds View on the Sydney Game

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Frawley highlights the positives

Danny Frawley had to endure his team's 41-point loss to the Sydney Swans as the Tigers kicked eight goals and 14 behinds - including six to Matthew Richardson - but he still managed to see many positives in the performance.

"I thought it was a good hit-out for our boys,"Frawley said. "We won't worry about the scoreboard too much."

The last quarter was a little bit disappointing. Look when we had all the momentum we just didn't put the score on the board and in games of football you have to do that.

Accuracy in front of goal was Frawley's main concern but he refused to target Richardson.

"There were a number of players. Last week we went (on target) at 70 per cent but it would have only been around 33 per cent [today] so you are not going to win too many games of footy doing that."

"There were probably a number of players who needed a good hit-out, normally in a game we would rotate them off but it was really important to get full games from guys and they will be a whole lot better for that run today," Frawley said of Wayne Campbell, Justin Blumfield, Ray Hall and David Rodan.

Frawley was most impressed with Mark Coughlan but refused to read too much into the result.

"Coughlan was terrific getting first hands on the ball and our forward line the way we moved the ball early was good and looked very dangerous."

"Good credit to Sydney, they ran the ball out, but look at the personnel we had on the bench in the last quarter and in a game proper they wouldn't be sitting there."

For now, the man in charge wants consistency and his team to be competitive in each of their home-and-away matches.

"We were consistent today for three quarters and one quarter we weren't so we have a fair bit to go."