Step 1 in beating the Bummers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Step 1 in beating the Bummers

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Danny and the boys have to believe in themselves.

They were far too defensive in the first 1/4, and looked to be more concerned about Ports game than our own.

We could have won tonight. It was a very ordinary game but we came out of it with respect. Not bad considering injuries and so many players down.

Tonights game reminded me of how we've started against Essendon in recent times when we look to have almost conceded inferiority before we run through the banner.

Take 'em on from the start Tiges. Time to show them their reign of dominance over us is a thing of the past.

Go Tiges.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha John, I was going to say that myself......but of course I realise TF was talking about the return of the Mighty Duncster. :D

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
AHAHAHAH! Then again it could he "hand" grenade rogers. What an apt title for him, see how many times he hand balled it to the opposition?

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
The Bombers have had the wood over us for over 4 years now, and obviously there is a mental hurdle that the experienced Richmond players must be able to jump to beat them.

How the experienced players act around the club within the next week will no doubt, influence the younger players. If we're to get anywhere next week, the younger players (Rodan, Newman, Krakouer, Coughlan) must be confident that we can beat the Bombers, but ultimately, this will come down to how confident the more experienced players are.

Hopefully this week's game against Port will assist Danny in figuring out why we start so poorly against sides better than us. Maybe he could analyse our games against Brisbane, where from memory, why seem to play quite well against (in the first half anyway).

Bring in Holland, Vardy (who i've always thought was harshly dealt by, by the fans. He's not a star, but he is a solid defender, who has long arms and decent pace for a bigman) and D.Kellaway. Get rid of Pettifer (arrggh! his name alone makes me want to smash my computer screen) and we'll lose Houlihan to injury, so maybe get rid of Bidders too.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I doubt Holland would be an option anti. He didn't play for Coburg thsi week due to injury.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Last nights game clearly showed that talent always raises to the top as the performance of Newman showed. As long as the spud farmer persists with no talent duds like petrified, hand grenade rogers, bscum etc we will ALWAYS be found out in the big games - ALWAYS.

Blood in talented youngsters while we have some sort of confidence within the team - I don't care whether they haven't dominated in coburg - GOGS and Newman never dominated. Losing while blooding in youngsters is more respectable than losing with these duds in the team.

Next weeks game IMO will be the most important game of the season for 2 reasons. Firstly it will show how we react coming from a loss and coming up against another finals contender, and secondly it will show us how our mental state is, in that we are playing against a side that has hypnotised us before the opening bounce for years.

TF - campbell.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I was actually thinking of Wayne Brittan.

During his time at Carlton, they always used to trouble Essendon. Maybe he can let us in on the secret.

BTW I see Pavlich is destroying the Bombers while playing on Hird. Yet Richmond don't consider him better than Fiora.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Imagine Burgoyne and Pavlich both in the team! We would be a force!!!!

Not to worry we have Pettifer and Fiora in the team. ;D :'( Imagine how boring this board would be if we had nothing to *smile* about. At least tragedy brings us closer together.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
JohnF said:
At least tragedy brings us closer together.

Funny stuff.
Imagine all of us in the same room together.
I wonder if anyone took Khan up on his kind offer of hospitality to watch the game, and if so I wonder if his house is still in one piece, ha. :rollin

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Get Staff to take out Lloyd????
Get rid of Pettifer :mad: - he is a liability. Get someone that can play in his place. What's wrong with McGrath - everyone seems to rave about him?

They say Blumfield's injury will keep him out for another 6-8 weeks - seems to be getting worse all the time :'(

I am never confident when we play the Bombers - only small comfort that they too have so many players out with injuries.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
julzqld said:
I am never confident when we play the Bombers - only small comfort that they too have so many players out with injuries.

No Hird no Fletcher or Rioli what more do we want. No excuses this week guys. Forget the the demons of past encounters and paly the style of footy we did against the Hawks and we should prevail.