Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
How does Geelong get to pick and choose if they play at their home ground this week? The AFL have said they want all games played in front of some sort of crowd. This has SHockings finger prints all over it.

He makes Sep Blatter look like Mother Teresa.

Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
In all the years I have watched footy there has never been anywhere near the number of rule changes that has overseen the game in the past 4 or 5 seasons since Shocking has been in charge.
I've almost lost count how many changes Steve has overseen since he came in.
It's been a systematic attack on the way we play the game of that I have no doubt.

This is not the administrators job. This is the role of the opposition coaches and analysts.

For all his changes it's barely impacted scoring(which was the goal), yet it has affected our gamestyle. We've been good enough to overcome these changes in spite of his attempts.

Not to mention the calamtous confusions of players, coaches & supporters of the endless rule changes & the MRO decisions.

It's just one failure after another with Steve Hocking. *smile* off Steve.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Sam Landsberger or Edmund tweeted that the genesis for the man on the mark was Hocking was so affronted by how we defended the man on the mark that this sparked the rule change.
Leppitsch admitted it on SEN. Said he had a discussion with Hocking after least season and they discussed Richmonds defensive superiority when it came to manning the mark. Leppitsch was no longer at the tigers so said he wasn’t giving away IP.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Sam Landsberger or Edmund tweeted that the genesis for the man on the mark was Hocking was so affronted by how we defended the man on the mark that this sparked the rule change.
Mike said Tracys uncle's second cousin said Gil McLachlan said Richmond had won too many premierships.
Your post "Gil said we had won too many premierships"

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
Nah it needs to be reported verbatim for some.
No, you are claiming something was said verbatim, but are taking third hand information and stating it first hand evidence.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If we weren't any good, this prick wouldve driven me away from the game.
Clueless

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Is there a season that goes by that this knob doesn't do something to change the game?

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
No, you are claiming something was said verbatim, but are taking third hand information and stating it first hand evidence.

No I am not. I said it was reported, and it was believable.

As others have noted, a former Richmond employee has discussed it and has provided the first hand evidence, which enhances the believability of what was reported.

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
No I am not. I said it was reported, and it was believable.

As others have noted, a former Richmond employee has discussed it and has provided the first hand evidence, which enhances the believability of what was reported.

*smile*.

Openly admitted to changing the rules to curtail our dominance and prop the club he used to play for up.

That says nothing about "it was reported". It says he openly admitted to changing the rules.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Let us know if anything interesting happens on the show, I can't bring myself to watch it.
Serial campaigner, Cornesnob, continued his RFC baiting again on FC tonight, blatantly encouraging other clubs to go after our unsigned players, especially Shai. He claimed that they really had to throw a truckload at him, twice saying (words to the effect of) just like we have ripped out players from other clubs like GCS.

This knob is really getting under my skin. Where does he think PA's Dixon, Allir, Fantasia, McKenzie et al have come from? Free Agency and draft/trading rules created by AFLCorp are open slather for every club and heaps of players move or are enticed to move. Thus BEllis, Markov and Higgins have moved to GCS/StK.

This guy needs a kicking (verbally, of course). Just a bitter and biased fool.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
In all the years I have watched footy there has never been anywhere near the number of rule changes that has overseen the game in the past 4 or 5 seasons since Shocking has been in charge.
I've almost lost count how many changes Steve has overseen since he came in.
It's been a systematic attack on the way we play the game of that I have no doubt.

This is not the administrators job. This is the role of the opposition coaches and analysts.

For all his changes it's barely impacted scoring(which was the goal), yet it has affected our gamestyle. We've been good enough to overcome these changes in spite of his attempts.

Not to mention the calamtous confusions of players, coaches & supporters of the endless rule changes & the MRO decisions.

It's just one failure after another with Steve Hocking. *smile* off Steve.

You make an interesting reference to the MRO. I am not big on conspiracy theories but the fact is that for
some time now Michael Christian has been largely irrelevant to the direction taken by the MRO, this as all final decisions are now made by Steve Hocking.
Accordingly there is no independence or appearance of independence of that body the MRO, from the agenda of the AFL.

Hocking’s control over umpires also raises a similar concern.
The continual changes in umpiring interpretation coupled with the fact that the chief of umpiring unexpectedly left his job recently, gives me no confidence that our ongoing consistently poor free kick results, are just coincidental.

I find that I now have little confidence at this point in a fair and unbiased ruling on all things Richmond, and that last mark awarded to Josh Kennedy certainly didn’t help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Please don't go, LTRTR
Ha, just means I won't be attending games. Planning to watch the rest of the season on TV, finals included. Watching on TV amplifies the effect of the stand rule because you hear the umpires calling it all the time. You're watching the opposition's feet to see if they move off the line, and get annoyed when they get a break because the umpire's too slow. It really is a diabolical invention.

Imagine if he'd got his way with a free kick for spoiling the ball over the boundary.

Hocking's supposedly about to become Geelong CEO. Whatever gets his hands off the controls is good with me.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I don’t have anything new to add to this topic, I just saw shocking’s name in the title and had to post something because I hate his influence so much.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Funny how "he openly admitted" quickly becomes rumour and hearsay when you look at the actual evidence.

Nevertheless "he openly admitted" has become an article of faith in the PRE echo chamber.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Thankfully you're here to open the echo chamber doors for us Ant, even when there isn't one.