Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Funny how "he openly admitted" quickly becomes rumour and hearsay when you look at the actual evidence.

Nevertheless "he openly admitted" has become an article of faith in the PRE echo chamber.

well the boards would be pretty thin if we had to have each post peer reviewed.

the match day thread would have 1 post, saying 'bit nervous about this one'

oh, back on topic, Hocking is to footy what Howard was to Australian culture

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
well the boards would be pretty thin if we had to have each post peer reviewed.

the match day thread would have 1 post, saying 'bit nervous about this one'

oh, back on topic, Hocking is to footy what Howard was to Australian culture

Rumour, speculation and opinion are fine of course, but call it what it is, just don't claim things like "he openly admitted" when the evidence for this is "I heard leppa say something on SEN once and I filled in the dots".

Sorry for being a party pooper

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Rumour, speculation and opinion are fine of course, but call it what it is, just don't claim things like "he openly admitted" when the evidence for this is "I heard leppa say something on SEN once and I filled in the dots".

Sorry for being a party pooper

agree, if I want to read and hear unsubstantiated, wildly speculative, *smile* and calculated lies

I'll tune into parliament, read the newspapers, or watch the news.

PRE: The last anarchist bastion of truth + special guest

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Hocking's latest debacle (no he's not reigniting AFLX) is sending this McKay/Clark incident directly to the tribunal looking for a 3/4 week suspension.
He really is looking to *smile* the game isn't he?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hocking's latest debacle (no he's not reigniting AFLX) is sending this McKay/Clark incident directly to the tribunal looking for a 3/4 week suspension.
He really is looking to *smile* the game isn't he?
You look at how the AFL operate and then you have to chuckle when it's the supporters being accused of living in an echo chamber.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
You look at how the AFL operate and then you have to chuckle when it's the supporters being accused of living in an echo chamber.

isnt a footy team forum the very definition of an echo chamber?

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
isnt a footy team forum the very definition of an echo chamber?
Of course it is. They were purpose built echo chambers well before echo chamber became a pseudo intellectual term.

• Haha

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
The rule changes were supposed to make the game better to watch. They haven't. As with previous years some games have been great and others have been terrible. Yesterday's game was awful. Can't wait for next years round of "improvements to the game".

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The rule changes were supposed to make the game better to watch. They haven't.

But you if listen to the noises emanating from the AFL bubble, you'll hear its the coaches fault and we should be thankful these changes have curbed the slide to soccer like scores.

In McLachocking We Trust

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
The new manning the mark rule was brought in to stop Richmond's approach to aggressively manning the mark as part of our defensive game plan. Public admission or not we need to find a way to overcome it. Just like the 6-6-6 rule was brought in to stop Alex Rance being the 7th defender at centre ball ups after a goal...we overcame it (ironically without Alex Rance).

The best way to stick it up these guys is to win another flag. If we win another flag this year or next, I think they should bring in another rule that states "players wearing the number 4 are no longer permitted to kick goals".

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
“Openly admitted” is going too far, but given the reports of Hocking attending multiple Richmond training sessions last year plus the comment from Leppitch there is enough to feel like the rule changes are oddly targeted at us at the very least.

If you think the AFL couldn’t/wouldn’t be so brazen as to change rules in an attempt to manufacture an outcome, I strongly suggest you pick up a copy of “The Boys’ Club” by Michael Warner. It’s a good refresher on just what that organization is capable of.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Bit disappointed in Leppa for selling out info to Hocking about how we train hard on manning the mark and that it's something we pride ourselves on. Reckon Dimma would be too.

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The rule changes were supposed to make the game better to watch. They haven't. As with previous years some games have been great and others have been terrible. Yesterday's game was awful. Can't wait for next years round of "improvements to the game".

Now all this is true!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
And why are Geelong allowed to keep a home game with no crowd when every other club is moving their games interstate?

Reactions: 3 users