Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
If they had introduced one rule at a time to improve a designated KPI, trialled if for say a season, and then made an evaluation based on the data at season's end, then it would be easy to reverse. "We thought it would work, but it didn't, so we're removing it".

As they have introduced a suite of changes at once, they haven't got a clue which rule is causing what issue. Furthermore, what KPI are they trying to improve, more Dusty moments?

The AFL have shot themselves in the foot due to their incompetence. Add to the incompetence the massive boy's club ego, then there's not a chance in hell they will be reversed.
They haven’t shot themselves in the foot. This is deliberate. Shocking said this was the last chance to improve scoring. Failing, zones will need to be considered. I reckon he’s sabotaged the game on purpose.

Reactions: 1 user

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
I’m putting in an official complaint to Mr T to remove that *smile* photo above of that *smile* sucking/*smile* grinning ball licking Geelong flog !
Its making me sick.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
They haven’t shot themselves in the foot. This is deliberate. Shocking said this was the last chance to improve scoring. Failing, zones will need to be considered. I reckon he’s sabotaged the game on purpose.

quite possible sausages

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

quite possible sausages

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Just to make it easier , let’s just get rid of anything SHocking had any say in
I’d like to digitally remove him from all online records; all images of him working for the AFL scrubbed from the internet using advanced AI, and all written word of his input removed.

Reactions: 2 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I’d like to digitally remove him from all online records; all images of him working for the AFL scrubbed from the internet using advanced AI, and all written word of his input removed.
I'd like to go a step further than that and introduce him to the Inquisitor from an episode of Red Dwarf.

The Inquisitor decides whether you hae lived a worthwhile life, and if you haven't you are completely erased from history, meaning all memories anyone has of you, and anything you've done. You are then replaced with someone who didn;'t get a chance ie one of the millions of sperm that didn't make it to the egg first.

How possibly could Shocking prove he's had a worthwhile life!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
The team that caused the rule changes (the Tigers) continually are the highest scoring team like last week.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
They won't get rid of the stand on mark rule unfort.

Next best is to increase the min distance for a mark to at least 20m.

Yes it's creatiing one rule to counter another (again). but best we can hope for ILO

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
One really does have to congratulate Mr Hocking.

By my calculation the average score so far this year is 79.85. Excluding 2020 for obvious reasons, the last time a season had an average score below 80 was 1967.

Well done f***wit.

DS

Reactions: 9 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
One really does have to congratulate Mr Hocking.

By my calculation the average score so far this year is 79.85. Excluding 2020 for obvious reasons, the last time a season had an average score below 80 was 1967.

Well done f***wit.

DS
He’ll bring down Geesook and all will be right in the world again

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I like the take of Redford that Steve Hocking is a corporate animal. And the implication that Steve is a Peter Principle battler.

Steve never did a single thing that was demonstrably illogical. At the time. And he did increase revenue. He was always looking to increase revenue. (And fair enough ever in COVID.)

Remember all that denial over the lightbulbs cutting the players? Yeah, the bulbs cut the players. But Steve got more marketing dollars. And Ghoul McLachlan nodded.

Steve brought in the the women's? All the other codes had done that. Steve brought in the VARS? All the other codes had done that.

Steve has never had an idea in his life. He's a Peter Principle battler.

Hey, remember the time brilliant ideas man Steve promised to increase the number of Dusty moments? And then moved to Geelong? He was not corrupt. He was trying his best.

Good news. Steve was never corrupt. He was just a battler. And now he runs Geelong. Not the rules.

Plodder.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Why would Brad Scott be this supposed “logical” replacement ? Hasnt it been flagged that the pressure, spotlight and focus of being an AFL coach had a huge impact on him ? Think his brother has mentioned it a couple of times. How’s he gonna go under the 24/7 spotlight of being an AFL Football Operations Manager then ?

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why would Brad Scott be this supposed “logical” replacement ? Hasnt it been flagged that the pressure, spotlight and focus of being an AFL coach had a huge impact on him ? How’s he gonna go under the 24/7 spotlight of being an AFL Football Operations Manager then ?
Who made him the number one candidate?
Because he was in charge of a competition that has played bugger all in 2 years.
No way should he be or should he think he is the next in line.
I rather Bartel or the WC bloke get the job.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Who made him the number one candidate?
Because he was in charge of a competition that has played bugger all in 2 years.
No way should he be or should he think he is the next in line.
I rather Bartel or the WC bloke get the job.
Balme. :rotfl2

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I like the take of Redford that Steve Hocking is a corporate animal. And the implication that Steve is a Peter Principle battler.

Steve never did a single thing that was demonstrably illogical. At the time. And he did increase revenue. He was always looking to increase revenue. (And fair enough ever in COVID.)

Remember all that denial over the lightbulbs cutting the players? Yeah, the bulbs cut the players. But Steve got more marketing dollars. And Ghoul McLachlan nodded.

Steve brought in the the women's? All the other codes had done that. Steve brought in the VARS? All the other codes had done that.

Steve has never had an idea in his life. He's a Peter Principle battler.

Hey, remember the time brilliant ideas man Steve promised to increase the number of Dusty moments? And then moved to Geelong? He was not corrupt. He was trying his best.

Good news. Steve was never corrupt. He was just a battler. And now he runs Geelong. Not the rules.

Plodder.

You misspell the word, it should read "plonker". Plodder is too big a compliment for him.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Someone else said it and I agree, they should beg Dunstall to take the job.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I hope there’s a major investigation into this frauds handling of his role and then walking back to the cats , this stinks as much as the balls up of a job he did at the AFL